Reaction score
So. . . got bored

What do you think?

CAM00020_zps50e1fff6.jpg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Would it be possible to make it glow red? That's all i'm interested in..

96_SVT_Cobra

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is pretty damn cool. i was going to ask how did you do it but apparently from the other replies it is a paint..

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
oooooooooooo aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

Um, what size does this glow in the dark paint come in? Someone should paint their whole car...

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I want to see it in the car at night. I wonder if it's going to be like the sun

OP
OP
NCMystic

NCMystic

Reaction score
It does glow longer than 30 minutes, it's Noctilumina powder that comes by the gram. Rated to glow 12-18 hours i believe, it's better than rolex lume (it's made for watches) this is not the tritium paint found in old hamiltons that's radioactive, so no fear of being irradiated. (thought about using tritium tubes but test run showed that i sucked and my attempts of channeling slots out of the plastic for the tubes to lie in)

the way i did this to the knob was by cutting tiny little paper rectangles and dipping them into the lume mix. finding the right mixture of binder, lume powder and thinner is imperative and takes a little feeling it out and i found sort of tricky. I then layed the little paper glow strips over the grey lines and let the solution harden up a bit over the course of 10 minutes or so. After it started to thicken i filled in a few low spots with a tiny glass stir rod from the mix kit. the strips were handled with tweazers btw. as the strips and mix firm up i used a razor blade to sort of push the mix into the square edged rectangles as it just sort of oozes around at first. when i first applied the strips it looked really awful so you just have to sit with it and keep pushing the edges back into tight corners as it hardens and eventually it will stay in place. after it was thoroughly dried i clear coated it again with uv resistant plastic paint. i did this before i started as well and im sure i would have scraped off some of the logo in the process had i not

ill take pics of it in car as soon as i can, the cobra is currently on the lift at the shop.

thanks for the kind words

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mustangblkbeerd

Members online