GM: no more Camaro’s as of 2024

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, look what they did to the Mustang by electrifying it. Looks like a huge turd!

Exactly what I was going to say. Why didn't they just call it something other then a mustang mach e...

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I hear ya. I won't be restricted on range, I won't live in a "15 minute city", and I won't eat bugs.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wouldn’t hurt if they made them affordable to regular, blue collar Joe’s, too. (Hybrid and electric). You want me to “Go Green, help the environment, become less dependent on oil, blah blah blah”… then make it affordable AND reliable/dependable.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I beep and wave at every electric car that is plugged into a charger in any random parking lot.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Wouldn’t hurt if they made them affordable to regular, blue collar Joe’s, too. (Hybrid and electric). You want me to “Go Green, help the environment, become less dependent on oil, blah blah blah”… then make it affordable AND reliable/dependable.
in time they will be but it is just all new technology that requires a change to everything from how homes are wired up to be able to charge them(even though they do not recommend charging inside the house :) ) to how fire depts respond to their fires. In the end there are less moving parts and they could be as reliable as modern ice cars.

So far I have only two friends that got electric cars. My one friend got a Nissan leaf and had it for almost two months before one day he was driving it and it came up with some warning saying to take it to the dealer NOW. So he did, shut it off and then it would not turn on. Then they either didn't know what was wrong, it might have been because of availability of parts(this was during the pandemic shortages) or something else but they had the car for the next 3 months so he lemon lawed it. Another friend got a tesla and I am still waiting for his long term report. I just don't understand how it is going to work when our nearest dealer is 3 hours away. He said when something is wrong he just calls them and they will send a guy/van. I just have to wonder how many parts he has in the van, how quick they can actually dispatch someone and in the end how long/how much a simple repair will cost the company under warranty, or the customer in the end with a 6 hour round trip for the tech?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so do ya honk and wave when you drive by their houses as well? You should be able to tell if they are charging it since most are recommended to be done outside.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Exactly what I was going to say. Why didn't they just call it something other then a mustang mach e...

Agreed. Just call it the Mach E, or simply the Mustang II, because that’s what it is, the right car for the right time. People hate on the Mustang II today, but in the late 70s, they were somewhat popular. They needed something with decent fuel economy. Plus, it was a way to continue on the Mustang name, rather than kill it off like the Camaro was in the early aughts.

I hear ya. I won't be restricted on range, I won't live in a "15 minute city", and I won't eat bugs.

What on earth are you talking about? Most EVs today have about a 200-300 range. My 94 Mustang won’t even do 130. Range on that sucks! There are plug in hybrids with worse range, like 20-60, but it uses gas to generate electricity to extend that range, giving it an INSANE fuel economic range. I suggest anyone who has range anxiety to buy one of those first. And if your daily commute is 200-300 miles one way, and you CANT recharge, then sure, an EV isn’t right for you. Plug in hybrid though still may be worth looking into however.

I beep and wave at every electric car that is plugged into a charger in any random parking lot.

Why? That’s stupid. They’re probably not even there. I don’t honk at every mofo getting gas. God. Everyone would hate me if I did that.

I think none of you people know/understand what fast charging is. So, for example, I drove an EV from Dallas to Houston and back. I used fast chargers about as often as I would fill up an ICE, and only because the car was a 2015 model, therefore did not have the range newer models of today had. I charged at actual physical gas stations. Me and my child went to the bathroom, had a meal, then left. On long road trips with a family, tell me you do not spend about 30 minutes at a stop, especially at travel centers like these were. Our stops may have been longer than 30, but only because we had lunch there. You guys still eat meals on road trips, right? Well there’s your extra 30 minutes.

Oh, and I do feel like I need to mention our TX-NM-CO trip we had last June. We didn’t want to deal with plotting out our trip, worrying whether or not a charging station was there, functioning, and didn’t have some jerk blocking it like somehow EVs were going to destroy his entire way of life if he didn’t inconvenience some people, so we rented a car. We came across a gas station littered with vehicles. I just needed to pee, but it was so busy because everyone there wanted gas, but the supply truck never came. People were trying to figure out if they had enough to make it to the next town. Our rental was a Camry, so we were fine. Everyone else: range anxiety.

On the way back home, I needed to pee again. Came across a town, but they wouldn’t let me inside. Not a single business in town would let me inside to pee. Reason? No electricity. Being the only town for hundreds of miles, they had several gas stations, only no electricity means no power at the pumps. Yes, an EV could potentially have a problem, but I’m bringing this up because people are always quick to use this as a defense, not realizing that they can’t refuel without power as well. During Snowmageddon 2021, it was the EVs that could be driven, while ICE vehicles could not because even with the power back on, supplies were low, or other systems were down, so they could not purchase the fuel.

I had one issue in my Mustang where the power was on, but they couldn’t get the pumps back on and operational. Big deal, I’ll go to the next one. Next one, the owner came out yelling at me about how I stole this other guys gas. Not “I’m sorry, but the wrong pump was activated” just straight up “You stole!!!” I put my card in and pumped it like I usually do, unlike the guy I somehow magically stole from a completely different pump. …but that does bring up another road trip story…

TX-FL, we rented another car, and again, I needed to pee. We try to get gas anytime we pull over, but the place was packed!!! No one was in their cars. No one even had the pump in the inlet, so no one was getting gas either!!! I was there for half an hour, because again, family, and no one left! Basically what was happening was that people were prepaying but not at the pump, they planned to prepay inside. No one was checking out at the time. 30 minutes, no gas! Apparently it’s the only station for a lengthy way, so same situation!!! Thankfully, it was a fuel efficient car again, so we were able to make it to another station but I shouldn’t keep getting range anxiety with a gas car!!! That’s the whole point of renting!!! This was the reverse of ICEing BTW. Instead of blocking EVs from charging, people were blocking ICEs from refueling. Both should be illegal, especially if you consider how much money that gas station would have made in just those 30 minutes alone.

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have to giggle because I bet when the first horseless carriages came out that all the old fuckers were sitting around talking about how much of a pain they are, how they can catch fire, how much better their horses are for not needing to find a gas station. Driving by honking/waving while in a mustang, we have come so far huh?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I'm not going to be the sucker whose EV catches fire in his own garage. I got my 2018 Fusion Hybrid and I love it. Just never going full EV. They are not saving the planet, if anything they are harming it. And another reason not to buy the latest generation car is because it's going to be fully connected if not already. I'll keep my oldies running forever.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Agreed. Just call it the Mach E, or simply the Mustang II, because that’s what it is, the right car for the right time. People hate on the Mustang II today, but in the late 70s, they were somewhat popular. They needed something with decent fuel economy. Plus, it was a way to continue on the Mustang name, rather than kill it off like the Camaro was in the early aughts.

What on earth are you talking about? Most EVs today have about a 200-300 range. My 94 Mustang won’t even do 130. Range on that sucks! There are plug in hybrids with worse range, like 20-60, but it uses gas to generate electricity to extend that range, giving it an INSANE fuel economic range. I suggest anyone who has range anxiety to buy one of those first. And if your daily commute is 200-300 miles one way, and you CANT recharge, then sure, an EV isn’t right for you. Plug in hybrid though still may be worth looking into however.

Why? That’s stupid. They’re probably not even there. I don’t honk at every mofo getting gas. God. Everyone would hate me if I did that.

I think none of you people know/understand what fast charging is. So, for example, I drove an EV from Dallas to Houston and back. I used fast chargers about as often as I would fill up an ICE, and only because the car was a 2015 model, therefore did not have the range newer models of today had. I charged at actual physical gas stations. Me and my child went to the bathroom, had a meal, then left. On long road trips with a family, tell me you do not spend about 30 minutes at a stop, especially at travel centers like these were. Our stops may have been longer than 30, but only because we had lunch there. You guys still eat meals on road trips, right? Well there’s your extra 30 minutes.

Oh, and I do feel like I need to mention our TX-NM-CO trip we had last June. We didn’t want to deal with plotting out our trip, worrying whether or not a charging station was there, functioning, and didn’t have some jerk blocking it like somehow EVs were going to destroy his entire way of life if he didn’t inconvenience some people, so we rented a car. We came across a gas station littered with vehicles. I just needed to pee, but it was so busy because everyone there wanted gas, but the supply truck never came. People were trying to figure out if they had enough to make it to the next town. Our rental was a Camry, so we were fine. Everyone else: range anxiety.

On the way back home, I needed to pee again. Came across a town, but they wouldn’t let me inside. Not a single business in town would let me inside to pee. Reason? No electricity. Being the only town for hundreds of miles, they had several gas stations, only no electricity means no power at the pumps. Yes, an EV could potentially have a problem, but I’m bringing this up because people are always quick to use this as a defense, not realizing that they can’t refuel without power as well. During Snowmageddon 2021, it was the EVs that could be driven, while ICE vehicles could not because even with the power back on, supplies were low, or other systems were down, so they could not purchase the fuel.

I had one issue in my Mustang where the power was on, but they couldn’t get the pumps back on and operational. Big deal, I’ll go to the next one. Next one, the owner came out yelling at me about how I stole this other guys gas. Not “I’m sorry, but the wrong pump was activated” just straight up “You stole!!!” I put my card in and pumped it like I usually do, unlike the guy I somehow magically stole from a completely different pump. …but that does bring up another road trip story…

TX-FL, we rented another car, and again, I needed to pee. We try to get gas anytime we pull over, but the place was packed!!! No one was in their cars. No one even had the pump in the inlet, so no one was getting gas either!!! I was there for half an hour, because again, family, and no one left! Basically what was happening was that people were prepaying but not at the pump, they planned to prepay inside. No one was checking out at the time. 30 minutes, no gas! Apparently it’s the only station for a lengthy way, so same situation!!! Thankfully, it was a fuel efficient car again, so we were able to make it to another station but I shouldn’t keep getting range anxiety with a gas car!!! That’s the whole point of renting!!! This was the reverse of ICEing BTW. Instead of blocking EVs from charging, people were blocking ICEs from refueling. Both should be illegal, especially if you consider how much money that gas station would have made in just those 30 minutes alone.
If your mustang won’t get 130 miles to a tank of gas, you have problems. That is a 20-25 mpg car, easily. My mustang now averages 21mpg and I get about 340 miles to a tank.

When my family road trips, we take our expedition which gets 500 miles to a tank and is very comfortable. I’ve never had any form of range anxiety in any of my cars. I also start looking for stops around 1/2 tank just so I know I’ve got enough fuel and I don’t get caught in a spot where things are packed and I can’t get gas.

We also typically only stop at truck stops, as they are normally the most accessible.

I have no problem with people wanting an electric car, just don’t force the rest of the world to do it because you want to do it.

We all really need to live and let live, stop trying to control one another. This isn’t directed at anyone here specifically, just a general statement in regards to the mindset of the general populous today.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I have to giggle because I bet when the first horseless carriages came out that all the old fuckers were sitting around talking about how much of a pain they are, how they can catch fire, how much better their horses are for not needing to find a gas station. Driving by honking/waving while in a mustang, we have come so far huh?

Fully agree. People seem to forget that there was once a time in which you were lucky to even have a gas station in your town. It’s 2023, and I already have to drive several towns over if I want ethanol free gas. That’s what it was like in the past, and that’s what it will be like in the future. Today, you may have trouble finding EV chargers, but at least there are methods of finding out where they are. In the old days, you pretty much survived on AAA planning, and the road maps gas stations gave you. You got gas in every town you passed because you did not know if the next town even had a station, or if it was even open. You may not even know where the next town even was.

I remember driving my Mustang a few years back 10 or so miles out of the way because I remember what little was on the way back, and didn’t think I had enough fuel to get me there. When I arrived, the station was closed. I forgot where I was. It was Sunday in a small Texas village. You do not work on Sunday. Thankfully the pump (there was only one, but two could use) took credit cards. The pump looked to have been from the 80s. Old enough to be questionably outdated, but new enough to take a credit card. I was super grateful that it worked, otherwise, I would’ve been screwed. That’s what life used to be like.

Some guy pulled up and couldn’t get his side of the pump working. So holy crap! What if that had been me, and I didn’t check to see if the other side worked because there might’ve been no one to ask like he did! And there apparently wasn’t any cellular service either, so my navigation did not work. I was armed with a road atlas from 1985, in case crap like that happened, and would simply have to keep driving out of the way, hoping like hell I didn’t run out of gas. It’s not like I could call for help. It was 2018, and I freaking time traveled!

As far as seeing how far we’ve come… I look at the EV debate the same way people did with carburetion vs fuel injection, and standard vs automatics… …it is a completely different driving experience, but in the end one is superior in performance. That doesn’t mean the driving and ownership experience is however. It’s ok to prefer different things. And if you do find that EVs aren’t the right fit for you, don’t hate on those that do like them, as they are doing you a favor. Not only are they compensating for your own carbon footprint, but they are also not using gas that you need. Less demand means more supply. Yes corporations control that supply, but at least you don’t have to worry about it not being renewable. There will be fewer and fewer places to buy gas in the future, but you’ll probably be dead before it becomes a problem for you.

I'm not going to be the sucker whose EV catches fire in his own garage. I got my 2018 Fusion Hybrid and I love it. Just never going full EV. They are not saving the planet, if anything they are harming it. And another reason not to buy the latest generation car is because it's going to be fully connected if not already. I'll keep my oldies running forever.
Yeah, I have seen several ICEs catch fire out in the wild. The only EVs I’ve seen are only in the news. When a vehicle that literally functions by producing thousands of micro explosions catches fire, it’s not really newsworthy. But in the super rare event an EV catches fire, it becomes national news, sometimes international. And they usually catch fire because they were previously involved in some horrific accident. That’s why when certain vehicles, like Teslas, become salvaged, they disable your access to their supercharger network. This is because if that risky vehicle does catch fire, not only does it damage equipment and other vehicles, but it will be in national news, and that’s not the type of PR they want. They would rather be known for having that crazy psychotic South African paypal guy for a CEO, than an actual fire. There have been tons of gas stations that caught fire though. Not newsworthy beyond local. Remember when they didn’t even want you to be on your phone, due to fears of sparking up a gas fire?

My almost 30yo mustang has fuel hoses dangling mere inches from my exhaust. I park it right next to a Tesla that is always plugged in when not in use. Which am I more fearful of catching fire and burning my house to the ground?

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
If your mustang won’t get 130 miles to a tank of gas, you have problems. That is a 20-25 mpg car, easily. My mustang now averages 21mpg and I get about 340 miles to a tank.

Bull! The 94 GT got 17 city/27 hwy, and those epa ratings were always lies. The v6 got 19 city/29 hwy, and back when it was a fully stock v6, the best I ever got was 22mpg all highway! And I’ve had this since 1998, so I am aware of the cars history. I don’t think I ever got 300 miles, but I also didn’t drive it dry. Filled up at 1/4 or 1/8 left. Only getting 10-12 gallons at a time.

My Mustang is now a modified v8, but pretty much everything on it is new, accept the idle air control valve, which has 196k miles on it, and I plan on replacing. I recently replaced the injectors, and saw a HUGE improvement, but the fuel economy was the same.

I have no problem with people wanting an electric car, just don’t force the rest of the world to do it because you want to do it.

We all really need to live and let live, stop trying to control one another. This isn’t directed at anyone here specifically, just a general statement in regards to the mindset of the general populous today.

So here’s the reality: you CANT force people to drive EVs. Although I do think they should at least test drive one before forming an opinion. You can pass legislation to force manufacturers to only produce electric cars, but guess what? Trucks and SUVs always get exemptions. That’s why corporations have tricked consumers into believing they NEED a truck to go grocery shopping and take the kids to school. So the mentality is already there. People will just continue buying vehicles they don’t really need because now that will be the only way to own a brand new ICE.

But what about all the old ones? They can do a horrific cash for clunkers program, but really they can’t take your car away, the same way Obama/Biden/whatever evil liberal commie is in power couldn’t take away your guns. To have that much waste piling up would have a reverse effect on helping the environment. Now, in other countries, there have been talks about actual mandatory surveillance. Like, no one will insurance you if you don’t have your car tattling on your driving behavior constantly. I think this is a Germany thing, but it’s still interesting to follow to see where it will actually go, because if you won’t/can’t install these devices on older vehicles, you essentially can’t insure the car with anyone. Imagine not being able to register your mustang because you don’t have an OBDII port. In our country, there are exemptions depending on the age of the vehicle, on things like seat belts and number of lights. One would assume they would do the same a grandfather them in anyway.

Last edited:

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was just watching a vid on the cybertruck and there are so many pieces on it that I see being specialized and big $$$$ when they need to be replaced. For instance the tires are specific to the truck so the wheel covers fit into them, I am afraid to know what that special tire costs. The next thing I saw was that they were bragging about the windshield and how it is the biggest piece of automotive glass made. Because of the size it is made from a special type of glass/composite that is supposed to be hard to chip, but not impossible. When I lived in phoenix I had glass insurance coverage on all my cars because about 2-4 times per year you will be going down the highway and the car in front of you will kick up a piece of the decomposed granite cobble they like to put on the side of the highways and crack your windshield. I am can only imagine what they will get to replace that big old sucker and recalibrate the computer/cameras after parts/labor is included.

The cyber truck would never be considered an option by me . If I was to buy a Tesla it would be one of model 3 or model S im way too cheap for the model X suv

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Bull! The 94 GT got 17 city/27 hwy, and those epa ratings were always lies. The v6 got 19 city/29 hwy, and back when it was a fully stock v6, the best I ever got was 22mpg all highway! And I’ve had this since 1998, so I am aware of the cars history. I don’t think I ever got 300 miles, but I also didn’t drive it dry. Filled up at 1/4 or 1/8 left. Only getting 10-12 gallons at a time.

My Mustang is now a modified v8, but pretty much everything on it is new, accept the idle control valve, which has 196k miles on it, and I plan on replacing. I recently replaced the injectors, and saw a HUGE improvement, but the fuel economy was the same.

So here’s the reality: you CANT force people to drive EVs. Although I do think they should at least test drive one before forming an opinion. You can pass legislation to force manufacturers to only produce electric cars, but guess what? Trucks and SUVs always get exemptions. That’s why corporations have tricked consumers into believing they NEED a truck to go grocery shopping and take the kids to school. So the mentality is already there. People will just continue buying vehicles they don’t really need because now that will be the only way to own a brand new ICE.

But what about all the old ones? They can do a horrific cash for clunkers program, but really they can’t take your car away, the same way Obama/Biden/whatever evil liberal commie is in power couldn’t take away your guns. To have that much waste piling up would have a reverse effect on helping the environment. Now, in other countries, there have been talks about actual mandatory surveillance. Like, no one will insurance you if you don’t have your car tattling on your driving behavior constantly. I think this is a Germany thing, but it’s still interesting to follow to see where it will actually go, because if you won’t/can’t install these devices on older vehicles, you essentially can’t insure the car with anyone. Imagine not being able to register your mustang because you don’t have an OBDII port. In our country, there are exemptions depending on the age of the vehicle, on things like seat belts and number of lights. One would assume they would do the same a grandfather them in anyway.
I don’t want to argue, but I’m telling you with absolute certainty that your 302 can get over 20 mpg with no problems. I have been involved with more than a few builds. The most recent was a good friend’s car. It was a 95 gt with a 302, edelbrock heads, E303 cam, T5, and 4.56 gears. Even had a carburetor swapped on it. That car got 26 mpg with the ac on.

Heck, my old f150 with a 302 got 20mpg. Granted, it was stock, but it was in an extended cab truck.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
R.jpg

this is what we were supposed to get in a electric mustang.
we got screwed with a mach e bull shit car

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don’t want to argue, but I’m telling you with absolute certainty that your 302 can get over 20 mpg with no problems. I have been involved with more than a few builds. The most recent was a good friend’s car. It was a 95 gt with a 302, edelbrock heads, E303 cam, T5, and 4.56 gears. Even had a carburetor swapped on it. That car got 26 mpg with the ac on.

Heck, my old f150 with a 302 got 20mpg. Granted, it was stock, but it was in an extended cab truck.

You’re not wrong my boosted heads cam intake 302 car gets around 20mpg on e85 on the highway

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online