GOING FROM MY 97 COUGAR to A 94 GT.............lots of pics..

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
heres the interior now that i switched some pannels over to black ones and added a cupholder center counsel now...
1-1.jpg

looks alot like a stang inside,just bigger

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
WEll, i ran the vin and some odd shit came up...in 2007 it said it had 70,000 miles but in 2005 it said it had 80,000...HOW CAN THAT BE?? odometer fraud? rite now the odom reads 700,000 sooo i dont know what to think...it was never in any accidents that were reported atleast...im still waiting for the trans to get fixed so i can give it a final look over befor we make the deal..

the.greg

Reaction score
Dude that sounds extremely sketchy! I would keep the cougar til you can afford a good stang.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
WEll, i ran the vin and some odd shit came up...in 2007 it said it had 70,000 miles but in 2005 it said it had 80,000...HOW CAN THAT BE?? odometer fraud? rite now the odom reads 700,000 sooo i dont know what to think...it was never in any accidents that were reported atleast...im still waiting for the trans to get fixed so i can give it a final look over befor we make the deal..

I think you swap clusters without the car giving you any problems right?

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
well, im keeping my car for shur...he got the tranx fixed and all that but the car just has to many problems...it once had 20's on it ( that alone says, no oil change and lack of maintnence) i couldnt determine the actual mileage and it just needed too much for it to be a halfway decent ride...sucks and all but i guess im kinda glad not to be parting with my cougar...i also just installed the msd coilpacks,stage 1 compcams( no diffrence than PI other than idle sound i think) and i threw in the 24lb injectors...running like a bat out of hell now so maby these few more mods will pursuade a trader...

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
lol...NO MORE 5.0's just to hard to find a decent one around here..NOW,im going to look at a 97 gt with a brand new trans and tires,everything is stock except front bumper(has an ugly stalker bumper) its silver,auto,black leather interior and come with a monster tach an a guage for every system thats can be monitered and a pillar for them(ille probly just sell off the guages and tach) it has 140K miles on it, a ding in each of the doors on the bottom of them and has a salvage title since it was just purchased through a police aution..but thats not hard to work with here in wisconsin

sn95jones

Reaction score
Auto transmission + Salvage title = Worthless.....
Cmon man atleast aim for a clean title.

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
heyheyhey...i like auto...ive been over this..a built auto is better than a manual anyday....

Reaction score
hes right in wisconsin with a salvage title all you have to do is have state inspect it and done deal good to go. if you do get that stang let me know what gauges they are and brand pic would be great. good job on saying NO to the yellow stang. thats a problem child. and i enjoy my pushrod motor

OP
OP
FrankenStang

FrankenStang

Reaction score
i just hate the idea of a dizzy and what not...most people would say a 5.0 is easier to work on than a 4.6 but i dont agree...maby its just becasue im familiar with them but it is a pretty easy engine to tinker with....and wish me luck, ille be checking her out at around 3 in Gurnee..

Reaction score
frankenstang- AUTO TRANS SUCK. wheres the challenge in a race when all you have to do is put it in drive and hit the pedal. i like the challenge of not missing gears hitting your shift point when you want to. but with illinois titles beware i have been screwed on a title by them before so do your vin check before hand like you did with that yellow pos and best of luck on getting one worth while

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.