Going to look at a Gt tomorrow...

Downshift

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been looking for 94-95 GTs for a couple months now. Anyway Ive learned a lot about mustangs but im still not that knowledgeable. Anyway Im going to look at one tomorrow and was wondering if you all had any tips on what to look for besides the basics. Thanks.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just make sure the body is straight, look for rust under the radiator area and the underbody. Look for leak at the back of the motor (rear main seal). Deff look for blue smoke on startup or when driving it.

wytstang

Reaction score
Also look at the differential area weld splatter means it's seen the track big time (torque box). Drive for a few miles not around the block if the engine is shot it won't smoke until it's been running for some time (also watch temp). The hotter the oil the the thinner it becomes then floor it and watch for smoke (any color). If the car is in working order and you're a serious buyer (not a joy rider) there really should be a big problem.

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips guys. I ended up not beign able to go to look at that one. But I am supposed to go look at another one that is closer to my house and is better haha on wednesday. Ill let yall know what happens.

NITROUSINJECTED

Reaction score
hell i have a 94 v6 that i swapped out a 302 in it i will sell it for 6000 hit me up if you are interested

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online