Got a new Airaid CAI

GT3FC

Reaction score
I finally got some time to put together and put my new Airaid cold air intake in the car today and man was it a Pain in the ass. When I think putting together and installing an intake I think about 15 or 20 min. Nope this damn thing took two and a half hours just putting the damn plug in the Intake temp. sensor hole. then when I put the whole assembly in the engine bay It fit fine and everything, I just thought I would be able to fut the filter on with the assembly in the car. Which I was wrong. When I went to pull the assembly out to put the filter on I was pulling the two hoses out of the intake tube and instead of the hose coming off the whole fitting came out with the hose and stripped the plastic threads. Overall I am happy and have it installed now but man was it a major pain in the ass.

Just a little venting

joekd

Reaction score
Not to doubt you but I have custom built CAI's from scratch and had them installed in less time then that

Pics would be nice to understand why you had such trouble

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
They can be a pita but now you'll be able to take it apart and reassemble it in no time

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
My SR Performance CAI took about that long but I took the time to clean up all the oil sitting under the old filter which took about an hour...

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
2.5 hours? Holy moley. Glad you got her figured out.

Did you pay full price for this cai? If so, you should've spent the money on a quality one like JLT.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
pictures...

It takes me less time taking off and installing my intake, and mine is a b*tch since its all a tight fit.

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
Just about all of the time was spent trying to get the dam plug in the intake temp sensor hole the damn thing just wouldn't go in. The rest of it took me like 10 min to put together. As for the fitting grabbing the hose so tight that the plastic threads ripped out (although being an easy fix) it just pissed me off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online