Got it tuned, kinda bummed =\

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse but dyno numbers are mostly worthless.

Ive beaten 470 rwhp cobras and even a 600 rwhp supra and my car made 385 rwhp.

Things like torque curve and average power are huge compared to just a peak number.

OP
OP
det_riot

det_riot

Reaction score
i dont have a torque curve lol torque reading came up as 154tq

hottwheels04

Reaction score
det_riot said:
well weird thing about that is my buddy w/ the same set up as mine except an e303 cam made 297, switched to a track heat and only made 292 so idk. real proof is at the track dynos just make sure they run right lol

That's because the E cam is a smaller cam doesnt req a bigger intake like your cam or my requires to breath in upper rpm's, we both need the track heat,where as his car would be fine with the street heat.

OP
OP
det_riot

det_riot

Reaction score
95gtjeff said:
det_riot said:
well weird thing about that is my buddy w/ the same set up as mine except an e303 cam made 297, switched to a track heat and only made 292 so idk. real proof is at the track dynos just make sure they run right lol

That's because the E cam is a smaller cam doesnt req a bigger intake like your cam or my requires to breath in upper rpm's, we both need the track heat,where as his car would be fine with the street heat.

hmmm makes sense. guess i'll just rock it unless something is seriously acting fucked up lol maybe i can borrow my buddie's track heat just to see what happens

Inspector13

Reaction score
Don't feel bad man. My car made 260 rwhp at 4800 rpm on a mustang dyno. Also all sorts of problems. The ignition was breaking up and wouldn't let it rev past 4800 rpm. Work out the bugs and take it to the track and see how it runs. Dyno numbers are just that numbers. Even after fixing my ignition if I still make 260 rwhp but continues to run at the track like it does I would be completely happy.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Dont be bummed....

I only made 230 horse with my 351 uncorrected.... every dyno reads different, and because your just measuring the accleration of the roller, placing the wheel on different places on the roller cause off readings too...

Were those numbers corrected or uncorrected? If they are uncorrected they are probably about right, if they are SAE corrected they are low.

5litrarag

Reaction score
Dont get too down on it, if it runs and you're happy with it then just move on. its not like you spent a bunch of time putting the combo together....you bought it that way. So fvck it.

But if you wanna start looking for culprits, you might start with that intake... its kinda small, but it works well with matched parts. That cam is pretty damn big for a simple HCI combo as well. I did the same thing on my old HCI combo, had an intake that was too small... and while it ran ok, the fun was all over by 4500 or so.

And 95gtjeff, dont bother with moving to a track heat...its not THAT much different. You want different go to an R and get a cam to match up with it.

OP
OP
det_riot

det_riot

Reaction score
Yeah I've been searching on the intake. Take alook at the other thread I just put up in the 5.0 section regarding different intakes.

G_94_T

Reaction score
det_riot said:
ahha yeah i know, i'm gonna rent a compression tester and see what it tells me. if it all checks out i'll be happy

compression test =?

Blown 94 Grunt

Reaction score
I currently have a 94 gt I have a vortech v-3 supercharger. Edelbrock performer 5.0 upper and lower intake, stainless shorty headers bbk shorty x pipe no cats and produmps. I have 30lb injectors and a 90 mm maf i also have a streetfire coil msd box with boost retard and autolite plugs. A zoom clutch custom driveshaft and 3.73 gears. And a hurst short throw. I am planning on changing my factory cast heads for a set of aftermarket aluminum heads and 1.6 stud mount roller rockers and an E cam. any suggestions on which heads to go with would be appreciated. And any other upgrade advice would be great. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online