Gotta drop the fuel tank

ALITL8

Reaction score
so i have to replace the filler neck gasket on the GT and was advised to replace the stock fuel pump while im at it. what should i get... the car is mostly stock and going in for a dyno tune tomorrow morning ;D

DisturbedRacing

Reaction score
I'd go ahead and get a good aftermarket one. Holley....BBk.... Walbro....

Any major future plans for engine mods?

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
DisturbedRacing said:
Any major future plans for engine mods?

nothing serious, planning on PI heads and intake and possibly some ST1 cams.

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
I guess with your miles it'd be a good idea.

Only tip I got for you is to use a bunch of bungy cords. You can lift and lower the tank with one finger.

And when putting the new grommet it, lube it up A LOT with motor oil and it'll pop on in 2 seconds. Otherwise youll be there for hours sweating your balls off and eventually ripping the thing to pieces.

It's an easy job :comando:

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
try it when the tank is full..........that will be fun :banana:

luckily i went brain dead on my way home the other night after running all over the place and forgot to gas up. the tank is about as empty as its ever been... i just bought 5 gallons in a can to make sure id make it back into town after the repair ;D

thanks for the tips, MAXX

edit:// oh yea, i just rode all over town to find out the local ford house that said they had the part DIDNT!!!!! :rant:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
dropping the tank isn't to bad at all...did you pick up a fuel pump? A Ford Racing 190lph would be a nice upgrade for your future mods. Might be a good time to change the fuel filter also.

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
nope didnt end up getting any of the parts i needed today. guess i'll have to fix some of it while ive got it up at the tune shop tomorrow and the rest when i get home. every parts store i visited can have the parts i need in the morning. im gonna make the little woman run parts while im detailing and my tuner is tuning ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online