Granatelli?

blackfang

Reaction score
I have offered a ton of useful info here along with several other sites that have helped alot of people. I am just showing you a few pictures. Don't be too ignorant because I can show you over 30-40 threads of where people warn others not to use their products and why. It is widely know to stay away from their junk. We all are here to help each other. I, along with a few others commented on your (poor) choice of LCA's in the other thread. In turn you make a thread this thread and only you have anything good to say about them. Everyone else (obviously those that have done their homework) are warning you because of others misfortune and the hundreds and hundreds of threads warning people. I know my life isn't worth it, my car isnt worth it. Maybe you like to install cheap sh!t on your car, but not me. I rather do it right the first time knowing I didn't install sh!t. If you arent going to listen to those that are helping you, then why post here. Why post up asking for advice and not like what is given to you, so you get what you want anyways?

If you want to be niave and ignore us, then fine. When you come back on here with them either broken, bent, failed or your car wrecked, I will laugh at you and tell the mods to sticky your thread for being stupid enough to complain about them when everyone told you not to get them.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i just dont understand how they can hold up so good with cars that actually have high hp, did you look at the thread i posted?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i have never seen a n/a mustang hit the numbers Code does on that forum, and he recommends their products to everybody...thats not just coincidental

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
blackfang, i know droptop you know your stuff and i understand they are a cheaper part...but i honestly dont think ill have a problem, but when somebody comes on here saying " I warned you, dont come crying" stuff like that, the guy just comes off as a tool

gotcha :)
but Blackfang knows his shit too and is just trying to help. Like me he has been around these forums for many years and has seen so many threads where people were "warned" not to buy a product or deal with a certain company and be ignored and have way too many people come back and say you guys were right...he's just trying to help...now call him a dickhead and hug and make up :rollinglaugh:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
i have never seen a n/a mustang hit the numbers Code does on that forum, and he recommends their products to everybody...thats not just coincidental

I have seen a few with more power then his...
go over to the forums on www.modulardepot.com and ask this very same question. (thats where Code goes to ask tech questions)
Post this exact question and get some popcorn because Granatelli himself will post in the thread.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i know what your saying and i wasn't trying to come off like a dickhead, but he came off reall ignorant with the remarks he was making...its just unusual how high hp cars use their products and don't have problems...

blackfang

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
i just dont understand how they can hold up so good with cars that actually have high hp, did you look at the thread i posted?
Whipty doooo. You posted 1 thread. Look at how many I post of people pissed off at them and making less hp that makes your thread to shame.

Yes I may come across as ignorant, but that is because drop top is right, 8 -9 years on these forums and see people who were warned not to buy junk and they buy junk. When it breaks the very first thing they do is post up about it and we can do nothing but "told you so"

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...age-pic-47135.html?highlight=granatelli+lca's

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...d-equal-49397.html?highlight=granatelli+lca's

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=679314&highlight=granatelli+lca's

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=677921&highlight=granatelli+lca's

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=676826&highlight=granatelli+lca's

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=675179&highlight=granatelli+lca's

A ton of pissed off people in this one and JR Granatelli looking like an ass and guess what..some cars arent making alot of power
http://forums.modulardepot.com/suspension/85193-congratulations-granatelli.html

Another one of his pissed off customers
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=679308

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=771819

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
okay dude seriously, i understand your against them, i talked to people that haven't had problems and people that have...but convincing me on how to spend my money isn't going to change....and being this guy on the forums that guys take advice from and everything...dont come off as such a jerk. Its hard being a college kid and spending $500+ on upper/lower control arms....i can honestly say i have never went the cheap route on anything ever done to my car, for crying out loud i have slp longtubes...but when it comes to control arms its tempting to spend $200 and have upper/lower

blackfang

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
okay dude seriously, i understand your against them, i talked to people that haven't had problems and people that have...but convincing me on how to spend my money isn't going to change....and being this guy on the forums that guys take advice from and everything...dont come off as such a jerk. Its hard being a college kid and spending $500+ on upper/lower control arms....i can honestly say i have never went the cheap route on anything ever done to my car, for crying out loud i have slp longtubes...but when it comes to control arms its tempting to spend $200 and have upper/lower
I came off as a jerk because you asked us about your mods. I along with others have warned you not to get them. In turn you make a new thread, this one and got the same result. So why the hell would you still choose to buy them when there is so much proof laying in front of you proving they arent the LCA's for you or anyone.

Yes it is hard being in college and spending 500 bucks on LCA's/UCA's so why would you skimp on them when you can afford good lca's for that price. All you are doing is inviting a chance to spend another 500 on new UCA/LCA's if you are lucky. If you arent lucky and they break and you wreck like a few have, then fork over thousands and higher car insurance.

Like the saying in my trade(Automotive repair) goes to those that skimp on repairs..."you can pay me now or later" You can pay less now, and then pay alot more later.

You have been given a plethora of advice, you want to install shit on your car, then go ahead. I have seen this many times before and you arent different. Just dont be stupid enough to make a post about how they failed. I am done helping you or even replying to this thread

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i wont be stupid either to post up what my car runs either with the control arms :banana:

Pennywise2

Reaction score
blown97stanger said:
i have decided to go with them...talked to guys with mustangs running 12's n/a, guys with kb's who run them, not a problem, of course companys are going to have their failures, but ill let you guys know how they turn out!
I hope they do snap in half on you I will be laughing in your face too. :rollinglaugh:
Your choice to ignore the warnings you are ignorant.I guess some people have
to learn the hard way.How cares about the people on mustangforums and
how they choice to mod their cars? I sure don't!
If everyone on the mustangforums jumped off a thousand foot cliff you would.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
blown97stanger said:

whats the first post in this thread again, im having trouble reading it.... :-\

and if you have done your research you would know not to get uppers unless you are gonna get torque boxes too...

CronicSpeeder

Reaction score
gt96stang said:
Eh, I've got them... no complaints from me.. except that I need to get rid of these cheap ass sumi's and get some nittos so i can hook..

Same here - Good advise is always appreciated but objectivity is nice too. Most of the guys here that are giving the negative advise don't have GMS parts. Looking at the big picture that are tons of very happy Mustangers :dancing6:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There's no need to be rude about this. (everyone)

Blown97-
DropTop and BlackFang have offered you good information here.

It's somewhat of a gamble quality wise,
I've also had experieince with some of Granatelli's stuff.
People on the forums are too hard on him IMO, but
the pictures speak for themselves. I had their lowers, but sold them. I didn't wanna chance it.
There's real reasons that they're Cheaper.

For stock power levels and if your not launching hard, you'll probably be fine.
It's realy up to you if you wanna go with cheaper quality or not.

Another thing I didn't like is their bushings are softer, so they'll compress and wear faster.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
CronicSpeeder said:
gt96stang said:
Eh, I've got them... no complaints from me.. except that I need to get rid of these cheap ass sumi's and get some nittos so i can hook..

Same here - Good advise is always appreciated but objectivity is nice too. Most of the guys here that are giving the negative advise don't have GMS parts. Looking at the big picture that are tons of very happy Mustangers :dancing6:

Those of us that don't have GMS Parts were smart enough to read the writing on the wall! You work for GMS? I noticed you have your 1st post here defending GMS and your first post on MustangForums doing the same...say hi to J.R...
I chose to spend alittle more for a reputable product and when someone asks for advice i give them the info i have gathered. For some reason i can't remember dozens of people complaining about Maximum Motorsports or Steeda or Metco Control Arms but Granatelli well that bad news info is all over the forums.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
okay guys give it up...we understand what your saying. Why is this turning into such a big deal, cheap way out=granatelli, super expensive but reliable way=mm, steeda, etc... Should we start this war over people using bbk longtubes instead of a company like kooks or slp too because they cheaped out?? seriously

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You asked the question and aren't happy with the answers but that doesn't mean we should stop discussing it. Others will read this and benefit from the info shared. This is an information forum and this thread may be found in a future search so it will never go away or be dropped...especially when it concerns a company with a bad reputation.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
i just feel that you guys are bashing it to death....like i said should we start a big bully match with all the "cheapos" that use bbk longtubes and don't use slp or kooks? Of course not...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online