Grimy clutch pedal when pushed in.

JJhirsch

Reaction score
The last few weeks I have noticed my clutch pedal seems to be getting grimy/stick not as smooth as before when letting it out. But it seems to only feel that way when the car is running in nutral or while driving.

Any ideas?

1994 gt t5 with king cobra clutch.

RichV

Reaction score
Check the cable, quadrant, and clutch fork for smooth operation. My gut would say cable and quadrant. The KC clutch is a bit heavier than a stocker and if you didn't replace the cable and quadrant it may be time.

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
I bet It's the cable. I had a brand new clutch cable fray after 6 months. They are especially notorious for fraying with aftermarket clutches. Steeda makes a decent cable for like $40

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Check the cable, quadrant, and clutch fork for smooth operation. My gut would say cable and quadrant. The KC clutch is a bit heavier than a stocker and if you didn't replace the cable and quadrant it may be time.

Agreed....I also use my cable lube like I use on my bike.

OP
OP
J

JJhirsch

Reaction score
Well i just had a machanic friend of mine check it out. He said 100% it is T/O bearing because it only does it when the car is running and as soon as i turn the car off the pedal feels perfectly normal.

Thanks guys

RichV

Reaction score
Huh, I dunno how a tob would make the pedal feel different when the engine is running or not. Usually it either squeals or makes it hard/impossible to shift.

Let us know how it turns out. I gotta do my tob as well, it squeaks like a chipmunk.

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
yeah i would honestly be surprised if it is the throwout bearing. When mine went bad it was like nearly impossible to get it in first gear. so in other words it was hard to shift. Not to mention thats a shit ton of work to drop the transmission so if your going to do a throw out bearing you might as well do the clutch and pilot bearing while your in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twisteddalek

Members online

No members online now.