Hanging idle since speedo repair

joemomma

Reaction score
So, today was the first real drive since replacing the speedo hardware (other than a quick trip down the road to verify it works). I noticed my revs hang real bad and idle is up higher than before. Does the ECU read anything from the speed sensor and relate that to idle in any way on the '94 cars? I had a bit of high idle before (I had it set to around 900-1000 RPM because it would die when coming to a stop or making a turn). Now I'm at like 1000-1200RPM, and it hangs real bad between shifts, especially if I shift below 2500-3000RPM. Outside of doing a smoke test and a base idle reset, what would cause this? Anything else to check for?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Yes, it does. Ford put in idle hang right as the car slows to a stop in case you gotta take off real quick again, like at a stop sign. But it's only supposed to be for a few seconds.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
sounds like it could use a tune.
It's pretty well stock outside of smog pump removal. My guess is a vacuum leak somewhere so I need to smoke it. I would like to get it tuned at some point, but need to track down these little issues first.

95opal

Reaction score
Your speedo or VSS should not affect your idle at all. Id look for VAC leak.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
I'm planning to smoke it this weekend, and do another base idle reset.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online