What’s your LEAST favorite repair/fix?

Ronnied

Reaction score
For me it’s headlights! I’d rather do a complete brake job, swap out a Speedo gear, a Dizzy…. Whatever. But getting those 2-pc headlights on their respective guides, locator holes, trying to get the damn adjustment tool to actually DO something etc etc is the most dreaded thing I’ve done on my car. Frickin’ hate it more than anything else that I am capable of doing myself. Granted, the list of things that I CAN do myself is next to nothing compared to the rest of you, but I thought it would be interesting to hear what fixes everyone else truly HATE!
While everything said so far is true ( def the heater core), ever replace the seat gears on a power seat??? that sucks.

Attachments

• My 94 GT.jpg
    My 94 GT.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 2
  • My 95 GT.jpg
    My 95 GT.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 2

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thankfully, no! Heard it’s a nightmare. Anything that requires getting my broken-down arthritic bag of bones called my body up under the dash isn’t something I’d look forward to.
This. Anything under the dash. My shoulders are too wide to wedge myself in and have the ability to use my arms and hands to do anything.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Heater core . Setting up rear end gears is my least favourite so I’ll pay someone to do them now .

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
While everything said so far is true ( def the heater core), ever replace the seat gears on a power seat??? that sucks.
Yes!! I had a terrible time twice trying to tackle that nightmare! Finally just put a manual slider on it and called it done. It’s not like I move the seat position very often… or at all !

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
now that we covered the worst, what is the easiest? I will say the ignition switch has to be one of the easiest. Short of getting under the wheel to find that itty bitty dot, that was one of those repairs where I was surprised how easy it was.

Another easy fix is when the ac/heat suddenly only comes out of the windshield vents assuming the line broke in an easy place to get to.

On a side note when I heard about how easy the kia's are to steal because they don't need the key in the ignition to remove it, it all made sense.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
now that we covered the worst, what is the easiest? I will say the ignition switch has to be one of the easiest. Short of getting under the wheel to find that itty bitty dot, that was one of those repairs where I was surprised how easy it was.

Another easy fix is when the ac/heat suddenly only comes out of the windshield vents assuming the line broke in an easy place to get to.

On a side note when I heard about how easy the kia's are to steal because they don't need the key in the ignition to remove it, it all made sense.
Trunk Struts. Super cheap to replace and takes maybe 5 minutes if you take a 4 minute break in between struts.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Trunk Struts. Super cheap to replace and takes maybe 5 minutes if you take a 4 minute break in between struts.
this is true, pop those tab-thingys up and the pop right off. But who else has nearly stabbed themselves during this operation with the screwdriver when it sliped?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Also easy as heck: wiper arms; headlight bulbs; and shifter knob!!

Anger.Engineering

Reaction score
Worst by FAR was changing out the cracked dash, once the entire dash was out the heater core was an easy " while I am here" job. but my last SN i PAID someone to do it!

joemomma

Reaction score
I'm dreading the clutch quadrant, simply for the fact that my big ass don't exactly fit under there. I'll definitely be taking the seat out. Even then, it'll be a chore.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm dreading the clutch quadrant, simply for the fact that my big ass don't exactly fit under there. I'll definitely be taking the seat out. Even then, it'll be a chore.
Joe,
I hear ya there, and for same reasons I opted to have the shop I go to do it. For 2 hrs labor (even though 2 guys tackled it) it was totally worth it to me. Let THEM get under there couple dozen times; set the clutch again, the right tools at hand, etc etc. Two hours later I was driving it home!
I’m all for doing things I can do myself, but sometimes ya gotta punt!! No shame and cost-effective IMO

BTW, is it the Maximum MotorSports clutch quadrant? My shop LOVED it. “Good bit of kit” I recall them saying!

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah the seat being out isn't the problem. My shoulders are wider than the foot well so I have zero ability to maneuver. My plan was to have a local shop do my T56 swap and let them do the quadrant then.

joemomma

Reaction score
I had the MM kit on order for over a year, and never received it. The cable was on backorder. I ended up with the Steeda kit.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had the MM kit on order for over a year, and never received it. The cable was on backorder. I ended up with the Steeda kit.
Yes I've had this problem with a lot of MM parts lately. I actually go out of my way to not do business with them now. Between the wait times and the holier than thou attitude they display in the phone all the time I'm really not a fan.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Surprised and disappointed to hear that, guys. MM always served me well from questions, to ordering, to fast delivery. Maybe there’s trouble in the homestead.

But Steeda is a “proper” piece, so nothing lost there. I’m sure it’ll go well for you!
Cheers!

joemomma

Reaction score
It's just the cable. It seems the manufacturer of the cable can't get their shit together, which holds up the whole kit. They offered to send the rest of it without the cable, but I declined that offer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online