Head gasket orientation

GShook

Reaction score
i have unlabeled head gaskets for my 02 essex and need to know how to orient them. Which is front? Hours of searching and a Haynes produced no answer.

Help!?!

dbratboy92

Reaction score
i have unlabeled head gaskets for my 02 essex and need to know how to orient them. Which is front? Hours of searching and a Haynes produced no answer.

Help!?!

76d22d1986cdc3d8f0215b57d3c22749.jpg
if you only have one side with the two coolant holes like this felpro gasket they go towards the back also judging by the crush pattern on this gasket the painted side appears to be the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbratboy92

Reaction score

Help!?!

dc1893226a369f020991edec6f704684.jpg
but out of the three I have in front of me I see no discernible difference between the sides. If you Herve two perfectly semitrical gaskets they are probably the same gasket and the company probably expects you to put one side on one way and the other upside down. What brand gasket did you get if there are not directions in the kit, you can usually call the company and they will tell you. I’m pretty sure I have done that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online