Headlight issue

07GtS197

Reaction score
So I just bought this 02 gt last friday and the headlights were working when I paid for it and the whole 2.5 hour drive home. But Ive been working on the ccrm and didnt latch the hood all the way and it rained that night. I went to turn the headlights on but only the drivers side fog light works when you pull the headlight switch to the first detent and nothing but the parking lights work on the second detent. Does anyone have any idea what it could be or where I can start checking? Oh and it has hids and the po wired them weird it looks.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Do you still have the stock headlights or have they been converted to HID or LED.
Look at the head light sw connector. They're known for melting on the 94-98's. Maybe it's the same on the 99-04's

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so your parking lights do not come on with the fog lights? They come on when the headlights should? Its a common problem that the light switch/harness can melt and worth a check since it means removing two screws to check it out.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
It does have hids. The po wired them weird and cut a bunch of wires. When I first looked at the car before I bought it I saw it had an orange wire going across the front almost hidden by the radiator so I had a feeling it had hids. Also no, the parking lights work fine, its the one fog light will turn on with the parking lights on the first detent and then itll turn off on the second detent and only the parking lights will be on.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
start by checking all your fuses(under the dash and the hood) and then go into the connections at the lights. a pic might help me to be able to sort it out. Its not uncommon to have both pairs of headlights and bog lights ran on a relay harness that only uses the power input on one side and the other is not connected.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I guess I forgot to update this thread but the problem was that the high beams were on and I dont have high beams. I feel like an idiot but its ok because Ive never had hids lol. Thanks for the help guys!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online