Heads question

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Here's a option with all the others heads mentioned. Rhs make a very good head in 160, 180, 200cc you can buy a set ready to bolt on for about a 1000. Before spending the money on cast plus a valve job and new springs. Look to see what you can get in aluminum. Check out skip white on eBay. He does a lot of different brands of heads for sbf.

Good ol Racing Head Service..

I still remember when that was a shop in Memphis and the area was a HOT BED for performance.

302hobronco

Reaction score
Another option I just remembered after reading your in FL thumperoforangepark.com
He ported a set of e7 heads for me years ago. Made for a very spirited 306. But after the cost I think a set of gt40s would still be cheaper.

joe65

Reaction score
Another option I just remembered after reading your in FL thumperoforangepark.com
He ported a set of e7 heads for me years ago. Made for a very spirited 306. But after the cost I think a set of gt40s would still be cheaper.
is he still doing his thing? his ported gt40s were pretty good if i remember correctly.

OP
OP
Sn95 matt

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
Seeing you want a E303 cam I am assuming your car is auto. My 94 as well, gt40 heads with comp springs, performance roller rockers and stock roller lifters, 70 mm tb and stock gt40 intake. I wasn't looking for a rocket but was rather depressed at launch. Car has good top end but of the line it's a turd. Then again, it is a budget build and learning experience. Runs good and will be a great drop top daily driver. I guess my 01 spd will be my fun car.
I dont really want a e303 its what i have on hand just like yours mines a budget build that i daily and rn i have 4:10 gears in it and from what i heard i would have to put a stall in it with the cam so i think low end itll be decent

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I dont really want a e303 its what i have on hand just like yours mines a budget build that i daily and rn i have 4:10 gears in it and from what i heard i would have to put a stall in it with the cam so i think low end itll be decent

Stall, worked E7 heads, E-cam, 4.10’s and moderate level of additional bolt ons would put you into the 12’s..

OP
OP
Sn95 matt

Sn95 matt

Reaction score
Ok so update i got a set of gt40p heads for free from a family friend so not to ask a stupid question or a question thats been asked a million times but with these heads will they work with bbk 1- 5/8 longtubes and 90 degree plugs?

joe65

Reaction score
yeah i've heard guys say many times that you can get about any header to work on those p heads with the right wire ends.

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bigger cams require looser converters. The stock converter is killing your bottom end

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought the trickflow 170s were the smallest I had heard of. I like them with their cam myself though and a little boost certainly didn't hurt anything. Well except for the T5 now that I think about it, it did not last long after that point.

Maximum95

Reaction score
Reading back through you thread, looks like you got heads? I read a few other places that BBK long tubes are confirmed to fit P heads. I would suggest taking those heads to a machine shop. Get them resurfaced, valve job, and valve seals.

Also when you install the heads, see about getting a GT40 intake to go along with them.

b1pig

Reaction score
Man, I'm about to log out of here....
Y'all gonna have me selling my kids' junk and buying heads for a perfectly running engine. All I'm doing is reading.
LMAO....

Maximum95

Reaction score
Man, I'm about to log out of here....
Y'all gonna have me selling my kids' junk and buying heads for a perfectly running engine. All I'm doing is reading.
LMAO....
Think of it this way, there are worse things to spend money on than car parts... :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online