Heater and Roof seal Convertible

khan.cross

Reaction score
Still sorting out my 97 convertible 4.6, have 2 question marks in my head.

1st:
How is this roof seal assembled correctly? This is the very front corner of the roof (see attached photo).

Anyone can show me photos from different angles of the original mounting?

2nd:
My heater blow warm air, even the regulator is at coldest. A/C also not working. Any know issues where I can start to search?
IMG_20230809_110055604.jpg

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Run UV dye through the A/C system at a shop. They can search for a leak with the UV light. There's many potential leak points, but from experience it's usually the compressor. Best bet for A/C systems is to just replace every component all at the same time. It's money but it'll go another 10 years after.

OP
OP
khan.cross

khan.cross

Reaction score
Ok but why is my heater (not A/C) blowing warm air even if it is on coldest and in off position too?

GTamas

Reaction score
Isn't the air deflector operated by vacuum? Maybe there is no vacuum due to a leak, or the deflector is stuck in heater position?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Really depends. You're only pulling in ambient air. If it's hot outside, then...

OP
OP
khan.cross

khan.cross

Reaction score
I still could not figured out, how the roof seal is assembled at the very last corner. As I bought the car, there was no mounting at that point and when I try to assemble it, the wholes does not align, the rubber is too long and does not sit exact. For me it seems there is kind of spacer plastic missed.

I need detailed photos

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online

No members online now.