Heater only works on high

dcolli10

Reaction score
Need help diagnosing a blower motor issues. During my motor swap the body harness was off the car on the Left side of the engine bay. When hooking it back up. It only worked on high. After tightening all connections and grounds. A few weren’t on properly. I had the function of every speed. Low, mid and high speed. Now that the car is running it is back to just high only. Anyone know how the blower motor is wired. Does the high setting get power from a different source from the lower speed settings.
tried searching but couldn’t find anything on this subject.

07GtS197

Reaction score
They get their power from the same source. That’s usually how they fail though, nothing but high speed.

TTSaleen

Reaction score
Could be a coincidence but actually be the resistor for the fan.
Here's a video on that and how to fix it.

1996GTNA

Reaction score
Could be a coincidence but actually be the resistor for the fan.
Here's a video on that and how to fix it.
Try replacing the resistor as shown in his video. My 96 GT blower fan quit working except on high. I was ready to replace the blower switch and ran across the resistor fix. Doesn't cost much and pretty easy to get to.

Wood's 5.0

Reaction score
Remembering my days working in the Ford service department, blower motor speed problems were, more often than not, a result of a faulty blower motor resistor.

Vincent

Reaction score
Need help diagnosing a blower motor issues. During my motor swap the body harness was off the car on the Left side of the engine bay. When hooking it back up. It only worked on high. After tightening all connections and grounds. A few weren’t on properly. I had the function of every speed. Low, mid and high speed. Now that the car is running it is back to just high only. Anyone know how the blower motor is wired. Does the high setting get power from a different source from the lower speed settings.
tried searching but couldn’t find anything on this subject.
I think there's a resistor that can go bad. Years ago mine was replaced but i forgot where it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online