hello from Fairfield 707

40thcrimsonpony

Reaction score
Hello everyone .My name is Chad im from the bay area my first car was a 93 chp mustang from the sacramento chp auction they had in the late 90s they were 5k back then .I am currently driving a 04 crimson red 40th anv. that i sought after for over 2 years i bouhght it from a retired commercial airline pilot.....For 5k garaged it whole life .Was wanting to know if there is a forum area to find local meet ups and ride outs.....?

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Wow! How did we all miss this guys post?

Let me welcome you to the forums! Welcome!

Dood, you scored an awesome car at a great price! Congratulations!

Is the car totally stock? Do you have any plans for the car?

Meet ups are a difficult one around in here. Most of us live a good distance away from each other, but thats not to say we dont meet up. The bigger mustang meet up events will have some of us more engaged to meet each other.

Also, we are all here most everyday, so dont be shy. Post your thoughts. I like to post car related articles and projects i do in my machine shop.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
There's a few of us around the Bay. I'm down in the South Bay. If you're looking to link up you can check cafords.com but it's not super active. Most of the people there have been around off and on for over 20 years, me included. If Knott's still does the Fabulous Fords Forever show we can see about getting coordinated for the next one (probably next fall IIRC).

Keeping this site active is the best way to make the scene regenerate itself. Quite a few of us post here several times a week if not several times a day. Each post is like a drop of water to a tree. A few doesn't stave off the slow onset of extinction but when they start adding up, the tree grows.

weendoggy

Reaction score
Welcome as well. I live in Aptos and although don't do car shows, I do more casual meetings with friends and open track events. Most here have a good understanding and knowledge of the SN's. Many have been around A LOT more than me, but have excellent tips and tricks.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Ditto that. My joint is not a show car. It has no place lined up next to show cars. The only thing it should be lined up with other stationary cars for is being parked or staging at the starting line.

OP
OP
40thcrimsonpony

40thcrimsonpony

Reaction score
Wow! How did we all miss this guys post?

Let me welcome you to the forums! Welcome!

Dood, you scored an awesome car at a great price! Congratulations!

Is the car totally stock? Do you have any plans for the car?

Meet ups are a difficult one around in here. Most of us live a good distance away from each other, but thats not to say we dont meet up. The bigger mustang meet up events will have some of us more engaged to meet each other.

Also, we are all here most everyday, so dont be shy. Post your thoughts. I like to post car related articles and projects i do in my machine shop.
Thanks for the reply The first thing I did was take the Flowmasters off and I am running SLP exhaust, I did the suspension kit from rlm I believe I think I have the name wrong.K and N cold air kit, other than that it is a beautiful garaged cruiser I was shocked when I ran the Vin it came back as a 40th anniversary crimson red Arizona beige steiping.I.I can't believe I found this car on Craigslist in Capitola for 2 months no body bothered to go look at it.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
I picked up my 01 cobra for $10k from down near Monterey. Guy couldn't sell it to save his life at the time, about 18 months ago. It had a little over 120k on it, zero varnish inside the motor, almost all the buttons worked and it was mostly in pristine OEM condition after being owned by an oldster and a guy that preferred rubbing it with a chamois to driving it. Looking around lately you can't get one around here for much less than 150% of that and they've usually been rode hard and put away wet. Of course since then I've put about $15k into it with numerous repairs/replacements of aged out parts and some limited mods. Less than 5k of it has been to repairs and about half of those repairs were due to me ignoring something just a tiny bit too long.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hello from SoCal, the 805! Nice scoop & score on the 40th!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online