Help Everyone....installing a line lock on our 94-95 cars...

Mustanger

Reaction score
Took my 94 GT in for a Hurst linelock install & the shop is unsure if this procedure will work or will the ABS cause it to throw a code...here is the procedure I am following ...is this ok & correct or do I have to do something different? I got it from doing research on this a long time ago...

Our cars don't need a multiport linelock solenoid. Just a single port cheapy like posted above from summit will work. I installed a Hurst unit about 6 or 7 years ago and only used 1 port and plugged the others.

Basically there are 2 lines that run from below the master cylinder up to the ABS box near the radiator overflow. One is for the rear brakes and the other is for the front brakes. All you need to do is insert the line lock solenoid into the line that goes to the port on the passenger side of the box, I believe its labeled MC.

I mounted my solenoid on the frame rail below where the stock air filter box is located. Disconnected the hardline going into the ABS box and added an extension and ran it to the "in" on the solenoid then made a line to go from the "out" of the solenoid to where I removed the other line from the ABS box.

Don't forget to bleed the brakes when done" ???

Thanks to anyone who can help confirm which way to go!

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

Reaction score
thanks Orange I am going to the shop tomorrow & see what they say...it makes sense to me & one of the mags just did this & only used ONE solenoid on a car with ABS...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is the same order that I did it and after what I was reading it will not be a problem. The speed sensors it uses to see if the wheels are slipping are located on the same wheel as the brake. So the back wheels moving while the front brakes are activated is not an issue. If the front wheels slipped then it might cause an err but from what I understand its not a problem, but I have not had my car running since I installed it to test it.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

Reaction score
Thanks TTOC! I am going ahead with this plan & will let everyone know how it comes out. I will have a covered arming switch and a red light on the shifter cover cup under my radio bezel & I replaced my coin holder with another fog light switch to turn in on,,,,I am not wanting just a
a momentary switch right now, not a drag racer...hehe

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

Reaction score
Success! All done & it works just as I hoped! Thanks all...there doesnt seem to be a problem at all & it holds the front tight....burnouts are going to be a snap! The shop charged me $258 total...took 4 hrs ...fabbed the brake lines & installed the Hurst solenoid arming switch & light...I had already provided the wiring to evereything and a prewired extra Fog Light switch....I like where I had it installed and may not even label the switches!

IMG_6687.jpg

IMG_6681.jpg

IMG_6680.jpg

IMG_6679.jpg

IMG_6678.jpg

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

Reaction score
The solenoid is mounted down on the fender well by the ABS module & is invisible from the top so no pics of that yet...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online