Help Me Find This Wheel Cap!!! Crowdsourcing Request

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Dropped off my wheel to get a flat repaired. The tire that only had 500 miles on it was not repairable, and they had to order yet another new tire for me. Tire comes in and they call me up to inform me that my wheel was recycled!!! They were trying to locate the recycler who picked it up, but it was too late. So they’re now getting me a brand new wheel, but the center caps won’t match! They’re getting 4 caps, but I have no idea what they look like and aren’t going to be the 20+ year old aftermarket caps. They can’t even tell me if they at least have a cobra on them.

Anyway, I really like my old caps as I like the design of the snake better, and would love to find another one just like it. I believe these were ebay wheels, but that was so long ago, and my father was the one who purchased them, adding to the sentimental value, so I can’t ask him because he passed away 3 years later.

34763587-1B84-4FFE-909A-FC28C42C945E.jpeg

I think it may have been these, but they’re out of stock. Website sounds familiar and the date code checks out.

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they did what? Those damn left wing nut-jobs just have to recycle everything..... Did they misunderstand you when ya said to recycle the tire or?

OP
OP
MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony

Reaction score

Want me to keep going? Lol

Sure. I only found one on eBay. Guess it didn’t like my keywords.

they did what? Those damn left wing nut-jobs just have to recycle everything..... Did they misunderstand you when ya said to recycle the tire or?
Oh, it’s not them. They’re just taking responsibility for it. The tire was new, but the rim was dirty, bent lip, and had been welded on as a 20+yo repair, so it looked a bit manky, but I still won car shows with it. And with the tire appearing like it had suffered dry rot due to its flatness on the rim, I guess the recycler thought both were garbage.

They said the recycler went around the shop picking up whatever was lying around, but it seems odd that a huge national chain like Discount Tire wouldn’t have an official “bad” pile, or an “ABSOLUTELY DO NOT THROW AWAY!” tag they could’ve put on it.

OP
OP
MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
The tire was new, but the rim was dirty, bent lip, and had been welded on as a 20+yo repair, so it looked a bit manky

…should I be upset that I’m getting a brand new wheel? Because I’ve been ever since I found out about it yesterday, and I feel like I should be grateful, but I’m not happy. I fear that even with a matching center cap and a fabulously new wheel, things will still never be the same. Are my feelings justified?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah ok, I didn't know that there was damage to it but yea it does sound strange to let a scrapper just go through the shop and grab what ever he saw. As long as they replace it then its all cool and the gang

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
…should I be upset that I’m getting a brand new wheel? Because I’ve been ever since I found out about it yesterday, and I feel like I should be grateful, but I’m not happy. I fear that even with a matching center cap and a fabulously new wheel, things will still never be the same. Are my feelings justified?
I would still be upset. They aren’t buying you a new wheel because they are kind, they are doing it because they messed up and this is the best way to fix their mistake.

What kind of shape are the other wheels in? Do they look perfect or is this new, perfect wheel going to stick out?

I guess you could be grateful that they are owning up to their mistake, but you are still rightful to be upset. Nothing can be done about it now, so maybe just see how it all pans out?

OP
OP
MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I would still be upset. They aren’t buying you a new wheel because they are kind, they are doing it because they messed up and this is the best way to fix their mistake.

What kind of shape are the other wheels in? Do they look perfect or is this new, perfect wheel going to stick out?

I guess you could be grateful that they are owning up to their mistake, but you are still rightful to be upset. Nothing can be done about it now, so maybe just see how it all pans out?
Wheels were taken care of. In 2002, just a few months after getting them, that one cracked and had to be repaired by the same company different location (they don’t actually fix them, they send them off). In 2003, I curbed that same wheel because some idiot made a complete stop on an off ramp and I was trying to avoid being sandwiched, because who does that? It backs up the highway.

The wheels had about 80k miles on them but were never driven in an area where they salt the roads. 195k mile car has zero rust. The insides of the wheels may get dirty, but I used to clean each wheel by hand monthly.

So of all the wheels for this to have happened to, it’s good that it was that one, but still. And yes, it’s good that I don’t have to fight them on this, it just seems that whenever I get a professional involved with anything, especially cars, something happens.

OP
OP
MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
This makes 4 ^ lol
Just need one.

I’m gonna email them a link to the best one since it’s probably easier that they buy it than reimburse me. I’ll do this tomorrow if badass98svt doesn’t have an amazing pristine one he’s willing to sell at the same price. That’s the problem, being discontinued. What’s available seems to be used, and as such, seen just as much action as my own, and while I’ve off-roaded this vehicle many times, it probably was in pretty decent shape. What people here may not realize is that this car has seen a few indoor shows that are crazy extreme. …to the point where owners go and align their center caps. It’s funny. This V6 VINed former rental has never won a trophy, but it’s won a few checks.

Part of the issue I feel is that Discount Tire doesn’t have access to the other wheels and car which have that part number, thus, no ability to look up. You see, I was on my way to get the car serviced since it’s too damn hot to do it ourselves for free. Car didn’t want to go, so not only did it have a flat, but the spare was flat too!!! It hasn’t pulled that kind of crap on me since 1998 when I talked bad about it while driving. So the car is two buildings down from the Discount Tire. They’ve already visited the car apparently, so who knows.

I’d assume they’d have to remove the wheel to get the numbers off the cap, but that’s a pretty odd thing to do at someone elses shop. They did loan me a spare wheel that they had so that I could drive around without doing so on the spare, which will be nice since I don’t know how long it’s going to take, both shops.

Now Im worried about both my wheel AND my radiator shroud cover, which I saw lying on the floor! Not that anywhere else but on the car would be safer, it’s just that I’m on my forth one of those! The 94s are expensive and hard to find in one piece, literal one piece. I care more about that than the stupid 9yo CCRM that somehow needs replacing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online