Help me to decide on stroker moder with 10pis blower.

ICEMAN330824

Reaction score
Ok guys as im sure most of you know I just bought a Paxton Novi Supercharger which I want to install on my car. I will be running 10psi but I will need to build a new motor in order to do so, b/c the one I currently has 163k on it. It runs well but I dont even think I want to put my 5psi pulley on the car. SO that being said, Im getting a second job and buying a stroker kit, some heads, cam, upper & lower intake and a new T5 tranny here within the next couple of months if not sooner. Now as far as which stroker to go with Im not sure between a 331 & 347 im thinking. I want to get the max out of the stock short block, say 499hp @ the crank, & about 400hp /400trq to the tires. So now comes the park where I ask for you guys experiences & advice on which to go with and the right combo, etc. If I can go with a smaller stroker running 10psi let me know b/c I think its 1psi=10+hp with my blower, so Im gussing between 100-150hp/trq. Heres a list of mods i want, you guys fill in the blanks with your thoughts and ideas.

Motor rebuild comp. to about 9:1 for blower application
331 or 347 Forged Stroker Kit
AFR 185cc Heads
Twisted Wedge or Trickflow Upper & Lower Intake
Cam?
T5 Tranny
3.73 rearend

Suggestions please???? :help2:

Thanks

94twinscrew

Reaction score
I would go with a 331,with 165's(more street friendly,and more torque),Holley upper and lower,AFM B-31 or custom cam,(Ed curtis from Flowtech makes insane cams)..... this is what I would do.

The biggest thing that you have to think about is what you REALLY want.....are you looking for a smog legal street car,or a weekeng warrior that see's the track,along with a little street time....but wont pass smog?

400whp with the above combo is a given,actually(hell,you could hit that with just a 306)...it'll be closer to 440whp. Now crank the boost up to like 18psi,and you'll be over 500,and quite possibly still smog friendly. Do it the other way with the 347,185's,and a cam that can even keep up the the heads without choking them.....and you'll have a great track car,that will never pass smog.

.....just something to ponder.

OP
OP
I

ICEMAN330824

Reaction score
94twinscrew said:
I would go with a 331,with 165's(more street friendly,and more torque),Holley upper and lower,AFM B-31 or custom cam,(Ed curtis from Flowtech makes insane cams)..... this is what I would do.

The biggest thing that you have to think about is what you REALLY want.....are you looking for a smog legal street car,or a weekeng warrior that see's the track,along with a little street time....but wont pass smog?

400whp with the above combo is a given,actually(hell,you could hit that with just a 306)...it'll be closer to 440whp. Now crank the boost up to like 18psi,and you'll be over 500,and quite possibly still smog friendly. Do it the other way with the 347,185's,and a cam that can even keep up the the heads without choking them.....and you'll have a great track car,that will never pass smog.

Thanks for the advice. I was told I could make the 400rwhp/trq I want with a 306 just dont know the right combo & cheapest price way to do it. I really do appreciate you auggestions and will be taking them into consideration. Oh BTW the car is going to be a daily driver on the street, and I live in Louisiana where we dont have any smog laws issues, plus the supercharger kit I have has a smog pump delete. Thanks. Keep the info coming cuys! O0 :banana: :dancing6: :google2:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
94twinscrew said:

+1 listen to this guy he knows his shit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online