HELP PLEASE!!!!

SnakeBite94

Reaction score
So I have a 94 Cobra and wanting to install a shift light, it’s just a $100 job from American Muscle, like many others I have the million dollar question about the wiring, my problem is that I have had several people give me several different answers to my questions, I know the green wire goes to the tach signal wire behind the cluster but what color is actually correct, I have been told it is tan and others say it’s green, also should the red positive wire be connected to constant power or to an power source that’s only constant when the key is on which to me makes sense that the light only comes on when the key is on like an accessory source. If there is anyone that has already went through the process and knows the true answer or anyone at all that has the correct answers please let me know because I’m clueless when it comes to electrical stuff, TIA

dalpoas83

Reaction score
Im pretty sure t/y is tan with yellow stripe maybe someone else can verify this is correct. I think the confusion may be that the shift light has the green wire and it needs to be tied into the tan and yellow wire. I would also think wire the red wire to 12v key on power only. image.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online