help plz

mellor_21

Reaction score
for the skinny of it go to the last paragraph lol

k i've had my mystic for about a month now and im ready to make some serious power
my goal is 500 horses, and preferably room to turn it up for a track day (pulleys or wastegate adjustment)
i really like the efficiancy of turbos, but it seems that a sc would be better for a show car..
ill prolly upgrade to a six speed, whats a good one for that power level?
would it be worth it to upgrade the driveline?
im runnin 2.73s right now.. i'm thinkin 3.23s or 3.73s.. (lol those numbers prolly arent spot on)
im thinkin a full susp kit, preferably lowered as far as possible (i have 285/40s on the back and 255/45s on the front)
bassani exhaust... ftw (side exits would be badass.. expensive fucking aftermarket panels kuz i gotta paint them :(.. )
is a brake upgrade worth it?
i'm gettin blowby so i'm lookin at a rebuild in the near future.. so opinions for good heads/cams/reciprocating assembly/clutch/ignition/fuel pumps/air induction/ anything else you can think of..
i've got about fifty grand coming soon.. and i want to put a lot into this car. i'd like a decent powerband, topping 500 hp and tq, keepin it drivable, comfy ride for the women, awesome sound.. the works you know?

i've got the money, the car, and enough knowledge and love for mechanics to do this myself, its just super complicated and i dont wanna figure it all out when somebody else already has a great combo. it already looks awesome, i want it to sound mean and fly for the occasional street races.. lol but ill shut up now any help would be awesome :)

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Cobra's came with 3:27 gears. If you want a power adder then you will need 4:10's.

If you have that much money coming, just get a 03/04 Cobra engine, trans, wiring harness and install that in your car. 500+ horses are very easy to do with those engines, and you will have the 6 speed trans that you want.

My nickle.

OP
OP
M

mellor_21

Reaction score
i'm not gonna lie i've honestly thought about that.. and sorry on the gears the guy i bought it from said it had 2.73s but he was mexican and i shoulda known better since he was tryin to talk me into throwin a hundred shot on my stock engine.. but in case anyone was wonderin i visited a friend at a shop he owns and they were dyno tuning a monte ss with a big ass turbo that made 550 fwhp and i realized it had been way too long since i've seen somethin dyno'd (especially with a (bigass) turbo)
but that money fell through cuz apparently you cant get into the nuke program if your honest enough to admit to trying marijuana when you were 14
and now i have a better question.. think i should go air force and be an air traffic controller or stick around salt lake and try and get a job at said friend's shop?

OP
OP
M

mellor_21

Reaction score
oh and i forgot to mention that while i was at that shop other than the monte they had a fox 5.0 a fox 2.3T an 01 vette and a new edge gt all in the shop getting sc's or turbs.. and in the parking lot were two sn95 cobras.. and some classic iron.. god i want to work there lol

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Any military is good with me. Air Traffic Controller is an extremely stressful job. If you think you can handle it, go for it. When you get out of the Air Force you would have a great job opportunity.

But working in the dyno shop is also a stepping stone, but I would go with the Air Force.

P.S.I.cho

Reaction score
if it were my car id go with a turbo setup and a good forged bottom end to support 700+ rwhp (or something well beyond your expectations of the car) always build above and beyond what your expecting to see so you dont break something, a turbo mustang is always a great show car any power adder mustang is a good show car really

OP
OP
M

mellor_21

Reaction score
yup foundation first :) so say im plannin on havin around 500, ill want everything rated to 700 like you said... so what im lookin for is more specific, which particular suspension/transmission (6 speed preferably)/driveline/axle/break system do i want, and be as specific as you can, ie brand and everything, and name off as many little parts that ill need upgraded as you can think of (like engine mounts)

thanks to everyone who pitches in :)

and an update on my life or whatever lol
i leave for basic on tuesday

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online