Help with Vacuum Tree AC Line

Snazzysaucedude

Reaction score
3waFTaY3h1gJ.png

I have a problem with my 1995 GT that I've figured out but not figured out completely. Whenever I turn on the A/C it only goes to Defrost. Whenever I put it on Floor or Vents it still goes to Defrost and doesnt switch. Well I figured out why, On my vacuum tree the A/C nipple is blocked. There isnt a line there, its blocked off. Im gonna buy some vacuum lines I just need to know the route where I hook up the A/C line from the tree. I can't find anything online that helps me. Im straight up a big noob when it comes to vacuum lines so anything remotely advanced wont help me. I just need to know where the ac line goes from the Vacuum tree.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The climate control flaps are suppose to have a hard plastic line that runs from that tip to a spot on the firewall. They are notorious for dry rotting and crumbling. You can use some adapters and a very small vacuum line but it’s best if you can find a section of that plastic line to just slip into the factory fittings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there is a small vac line that comes out of the firewall on the passenger side next to the ac connections. Connect that line and your good.

OP
OP
Snazzysaucedude

Snazzysaucedude

Reaction score
I don't mean to be bothersome but I tried to find it, and couldn't. Is there anyway I can get a visual representation of where It's located? If not, thats fine. I'll keep looking. It's obviously somewhere and I just haven't looked at the right spot ;)yet

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would if I was ever anywhere near my car. It’s been in pieces for over 3 years in a buddies garage where I’m rarely at. Ttocs might be able to from his.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
after my fuel upgrade that area of my car has become especially busy and looks NOTHING similar yo stock anymore but maybe
39295970790_09a8214654_b.jpg

OP
OP
Snazzysaucedude

Snazzysaucedude

Reaction score
Ok I found the hose that connects to the vacuum tree. The hose diameter is so freakin small It took forever to finally find it. I bought some hose, connected it to the tree and duct taped it to the hose. And it finally switched to the vents and floors! But theres 1 problem. I need an adaptor so I can hook up the AC vacuum line correctly to the smaller hose. I don't want it to be duct taped permanently. Does anyone know the correct name for this adapter? I've been searching for hours and can't find anything. I'm so bad with names and stuff lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That is something I can’t help you with. I’m not sure what you’d call it. Factory was the plastic line that slipped into the rubber fitting on the fire wall.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I had the same problem & just went to Autozone & told them the problem they gave me the tubing & a bag full of different sized adaptors & viola! Fixed AC just before a long hot drive to a car show... they said it was very common & new just what I needed! Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.