Help!

ripper

Reaction score
This is the 3rd belt in a yr ive torn up on my car. It was a dayco. WTF? And i only drive the car on friggin weekends. Anyone know of a belt that lasts?

Whistler98

Reaction score
I have a gatorback but I am not sure that is what your prob is. I had the same prob make sure your tensioner isn't bent. After having a belt unravel on me I put a new one on and noticed it was off one rip on the ac pulley, so I put it back on properly start it up and it is off on the same pulley again. I replaced my stock tensioner with a new oem one and it bent within a week. (only driving the car on weekends). Replaced that one with another oem one got it free b/c the other one was only a week old, and I was blasting to third gear passing my buddie and snap the dam thing broke in half I thought I blew my motor I went back and half the braket and pulley was laying in the middle of the road. They now make a steel one for 96-98 cars and I think some 99 cars b/c the way ours r bolted compared to the pi cars was not strong enough for most supercharged cars. I bought the steel one and haven't had a prob since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.