Here from FB...

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
Great looking car are you still running stock block ?

Also what size pulley are you running on the blower?

How much timing are you running ?

Reason I ask is that car should make way more power then the 42lb injectors can handle for sure but I understand you sick of blowing up short blocks ...

OP
OP
gcomfx

gcomfx

Reaction score
PT06_crop.jpg

gcomfx_burnout.jpg

This is what the car looked like for years. Ended up putting these wheels on my wife's 95 GT. now that we are selling it, the plan is to put them on a crown Vic interceptor (new family car)

OP
OP
gcomfx

gcomfx

Reaction score
NIt has the trickflow top end kit from Summit. It's the track heat intake, trickflow heads and I upgraded to the stage 2 cam.

Just a stock pulley. The engine is almost 10:1 compression. The supercharger was so I could stop filling bottles.

As far as injectors. Don at Lasota Racing made me a very conservative tune for start up. He's built a lot of turbo cars over the years. He seems to feel 42s are enough. Guess we will see once I get the valves to stay adjusted.

The story on the blocks goes like this. First one was decked to much and cometic gaskets suck. Builder didn't clearance the stock pan dipstick. After it chopped it off and we only found one piece. I pulled it and took it back to him. Supposedly he took it completely apart and the rest wasn't in there. Put it all back together and 200 miles into it, the piece locked up my oil pump and spun the bearings. Decided to start with a virgin block and a new builder. All was well until I found a used vortech. Put it on the car, it made mad power. What I didn't know was the crank I was using was a "cat" crank not a "scat" crank. It bent in the middle and cracked the block at the #2 main. Spun the first two bearings... but still ran. The girdle saved all the good stuff. So block #3 was machined with a forged Scat crank. Didn't have the money to have it all assembled, so it sat for two years. New wife... new kid... met a guy off Craigslist we sold parts too, later he basically showed me how to assemble the block I have now.

And there we go... now I have another kid due in October. I'm just hoping I can hang on to the car and not ended up having the story a lot of guys do about the car they never should have sold.

Mrstangerbanger

Reaction score
NIt has the trickflow top end kit from Summit. It's the track heat intake, trickflow heads and I upgraded to the stage 2 cam.

Just a stock pulley. The engine is almost 10:1 compression. The supercharger was so I could stop filling bottles.

As far as injectors. Don at Lasota Racing made me a very conservative tune for start up. He's built a lot of turbo cars over the years. He seems to feel 42s are enough. Guess we will see once I get the valves to stay adjusted.

The story on the blocks goes like this. First one was decked to much and cometic gaskets suck. Builder didn't clearance the stock pan dipstick. After it chopped it off and we only found one piece. I pulled it and took it back to him. Supposedly he took it completely apart and the rest wasn't in there. Put it all back together and 200 miles into it, the piece locked up my oil pump and spun the bearings. Decided to start with a virgin block and a new builder. All was well until I found a used vortech. Put it on the car, it made mad power. What I didn't know was the crank I was using was a "cat" crank not a "scat" crank. It bent in the middle and cracked the block at the #2 main. Spun the first two bearings... but still ran. The girdle saved all the good stuff. So block #3 was machined with a forged Scat crank. Didn't have the money to have it all assembled, so it sat for two years. New wife... new kid... met a guy off Craigslist we sold parts too, later he basically showed me how to assemble the block I have now.

And there we go... now I have another kid due in October. I'm just hoping I can hang on to the car and not ended up having the story a lot of guys do about the car they never should have sold.

Ya that sucks bro with your setup and a dart or boss block you should be able to make 500 rwhp .. I have the same set up and love it .. I just blow a head gasket and broke a ARP rear head bolt so I took the car apart and installed new Felpro 9333 pt1 and new ARP studs and got the car done and its running amazing.. What gears are you running ?

OP
OP
gcomfx

gcomfx

Reaction score
3.55s right now. Do you have timeslips yet?

I have ARP studs, so that makes me feel better. lol

****autocorrect is owning me.

OP
OP
gcomfx

gcomfx

Reaction score
I crossed at 5,000. I'm hoping getting the car lined put will solve that issue I can keep them. I would hate to go back to 3.73s after just swapping them. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online