Here is my official plan....

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to get my hands on a complete 4.2 motor out of the f-150. My friends dad had one in his truck and it just blew, if the block is not cracked, I plan on buying it and stripping it down.

First I will take it to that place around here (can't think of the name) to get the bores cleaned up and get it acid bathed and then have all my rods and pistons remanufactured.
Then I plan on getting the 4.2 stage 3 h/c/i from super six.

Next, I want to get the best of the best in the things that make the engine run, alternator, water pump and all that.
(Plus if I have a complete motor I can get back a bunch of core charges on these items, win!)

Performance plugs and wires, and probably msd ignition, distributor and such. Unless someone has better suggestions.

Going to try and find a rebuilt t-5 (I am pretty sure that's what we have, confirm for me atlanticblue98, I Know you know everything ;))

Getting an aluminum drive shaft, dropping in an 8.8 from a gt with limited slip, and probably just the same gearing i have now, 3:27 because I am on the high way alot.

Open to suggestions still, help me out here if I am making any mistakes. Thanks guys :)

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
g36 monkey said:
Trying to get my hands on a complete 4.2 motor out of the f-150. My friends dad had one in his truck and it just blew, if the block is not cracked, I plan on buying it and stripping it down.

First I will take it to that place around here (can't think of the name) to get the bores cleaned up and get it acid bathed and then have all my rods and pistons remanufactured.
Then I plan on getting the 4.2 stage 3 h/c/i from super six.

Next, I want to get the best of the best in the things that make the engine run, alternator, water pump and all that.
(Plus if I have a complete motor I can get back a bunch of core charges on these items, win!)

Performance plugs and wires, and probably msd ignition, distributor and such. Unless someone has better suggestions.

Going to try and find a rebuilt t-5 (I am pretty sure that's what we have, confirm for me atlanticblue98, I Know you know everything ;))

Getting an aluminum drive shaft, dropping in an 8.8 from a gt with limited slip, and probably just the same gearing i have now, 3:27 because I am on the high way alot.

Open to suggestions still, help me out here if I am making any mistakes. Thanks guys :)

look at moranav6racing.com for internals if you need new ones or want to go forged. Morana could also get you heads. Them and SSM are very comparable companies so you can price shop that way.

Yep you have a t5. but you can also go t56 with a few modifications to it. I believe cory doitch (not sure of his username on here) is running a t56.

Are you planning on FI or a good NA set up?

while your in the engine and changing heads then you should also get a cam then so you can have the appropriate springs and rockers/lifters in it.

also depending on how much the 8.8 is, it might be smarter to stay with the 7.5. you can upgrade them fairly cheap (i have a brand new diff if you want one) and they are much lighter than an 8.8. It depends on your power goals also....A common misconception is that the 8.8 is all around better. It's not since you can build the 7.5 to handle quite a bit of power. However if you can get an IRS then do it because the ride quality will improve a ton!

shine1stang

Reaction score
if your just shopping around right now, check out www.gssmotorsports.comhttp://. We can do just about whatever you need, and are building a complete v6 drag car for someone overseas
Also if you are staying NA, then i wouldnt suggest msd. Im running a stock ignition and im well into the 10s now.

quik67mustang

Reaction score
lemme know how the msd distributor is :tongue3:

and kevin, 3.8 is the only forum i go by "corydoitch" on haha, its quik67mustang everywhere else :eek:ccasion14:

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
quik67mustang said:

and kevin, 3.8 is the only forum i go by "corydoitch" on haha, its quik67mustang everywhere else :eek:ccasion14:

haha it's ok. I have three different user names in between v6power 3.8 and here.

And you don't have the t56 in yet? Do you have the bell housing for it?

quik67mustang

Reaction score
cnryYell0gt said:
quik67mustang said:

haha it's ok. I have three different user names in between v6power 3.8 and here.

And you don't have the t56 in yet? Do you have the bell housing for it?

its just yet another thing on my list that i dont have all the parts for haha. still need a flywheel and clutch from spec, the liberty 26 spline input shaft, lethal tob sleeve, and the bellhousing is meant for a 5.0 from lakewood i believe. oh and a mgw for it too. this shit never ends haha

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
How much you want for that rear end :)
Annd thanks for the help guys.

And I do plan on staying N/A

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would have to ask my dad, we took our old truck there and had a 305 bored out and bathed (out to 327).

Ill try and let you know tomorrow.

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
g36 monkey said:
How much you want for that rear end :)
Annd thanks for the help guys.

And I do plan on staying N/A

My ford racing differential? 150 plus shipping. it's $210 through american muscle.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Atlantic, the place is called Revmaster on old winter garden road east of kirkman.

Havent been there in a while, but we are hoping they still do it.

cnryyello, is your diff a t-lok?

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
g36 monkey said:
Atlantic, the place is called Revmaster on old winter garden road east of kirkman.

Havent been there in a while, but we are hoping they still do it.

cnryyello, is your diff a t-lok?

yep. t-lok it is.

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
yeah. I'm not sure yet if i want to sell. If i can find what i am looking for in the next 2 weeks then i'd be willing to sell the diff and gears.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wasn't looking to change thegearign too much. I am on the high way a lot. But sounds good just let me know. Believe I got myself a motor today for $50, yes fifty. My buddys dads just blew. Im excited :)

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up the $50 motor today, hopefully get it on my stand and start stripping tomorrow :)

P3150054.jpg

P3150053.jpg

P3150052.jpg

P3150051.jpg

P3150050.jpg

Seems to be everything but the upper intake :)

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
good god that motor is atrocious. Get to cleaning and repairing asap! also port and polish the lower and the new heads while your at it.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Getting stage 3 h/c/i from super six. And yes, hopefully today I can get it up on the stand and start breaking it down and cleaning :)

But I was reading somewhere, is the windstar intake actually better than the stage 3 from super six? Also, do you guys think I will have any problems getting this under the stock hood?

Thanks for all the help guys :)

cnryYell0gt

Reaction score
lol you have come to the right place
do the poor flowing design of the stock intakes, even with porting the windstar will flow better.
With the correct throttle body changes and spacer it will fit under the stock hood.
http://www.vapauto.com/

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So ported and polished windstar > stage 3 intake from SSM?

annnd, will this fit on the new motor? (4.2)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isaac cerr