Hesitation Issues

OP
OP
MadStang

MadStang

Reaction score
Lee12609 said:
next step is to get that miss gone.

take both coils from the misfiring cylinders and move them to the other bank so take the coils from cyl. 1 and 2 and swap them with cylinders 5 and 6. datalog misfires again and see if the misfire moves with the coils. i dealt with an 03 town car today with similar conditions and i even though i was only getting slight misfires from cylinder 3 replacing the coil to cure the misfire got rid of all problems.

your fuel trim data confuses me because i'm used to seeing it written differently. is anything over 1.0 positive fuel trim and anything under 1.0 negative?

i wouldnt worry too much about the pressure drop unless its low...

with your injectors, the car is not registering the misfires. with my old ones, it was going nuts. The coils are all brand spanking new.

on the SCT software it's different between LTFT and STFT.

LTFT: 1.0+ = Rich; .99- = Lean
STFT: 1.0+ = Lean; .99- = Rich

OP
OP
MadStang

MadStang

Reaction score
the car idles at 700. I noticed the higher rpm helps the idle. when the A/C kicks in it's about 725-750 and it seems smoother.

OP
OP
MadStang

MadStang

Reaction score
So I've verified that it's not an exhaust leak from pre-o2. Those bolts are still torques, fired the car up and felt around the header for any leaks. None.

It's a vacuum leak or a malfunctioning tune. That's it.

OP
OP
MadStang

MadStang

Reaction score
I've got another issue... alternator whine. I ate up a belt a couple months ago, and I'm beginning to think my rough idle could also be attributed to the pulley system...

JDwhite98gt

Reaction score
Why would you eat up a belt? Check the tensioner? Take off your belt and spin some by hand?

OP
OP
MadStang

MadStang

Reaction score
JDwhite98gt said:
Why would you eat up a belt? Check the tensioner? Take off your belt and spin some by hand?
I don't have work this weekend so I'll be tearing crap apart to find the issue.

Because I don't like my pulley system to go NOM NOM NOM on my gatorback belts.

OP
OP
MadStang

MadStang

Reaction score
JDwhite98gt said:
lol....keep us posted

I'm gonna get this resolved this weekend one way or another. whether it be fixing parts or loading a stick of c4 into the throttle body and blowing my problems to smithereens. :eek:ccasion14:

dirtysnowball302

Reaction score
OK what codes are you pulling if any? i just had a ford mustang today with your symptoms..it ended up being cam phaser that took a shit on the guy.

OP
OP
MadStang

MadStang

Reaction score
dirtysnowball302 said:
OK what codes are you pulling if any? i just had a ford mustang today with your symptoms..it ended up being cam phaser that took a SH*T on the guy.
no codes.

Lee12609

Reaction score
dirtysnowball302 said:
OK what codes are you pulling if any? i just had a ford mustang today with your symptoms..it ended up being cam phaser that took a SH*T on the guy.

i bet thats not his issue, LOL!!!!!!!

OP
OP
MadStang

MadStang

Reaction score
Lee12609 said:
dirtysnowball302 said:

i bet thats not his issue, LOL!!!!!!!

you're posts have me rolling haha

Jetsetter

Reaction score
I feel like you didn't update after you said you ordered a set of XCOP's or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online