Home-made Diffuser: Teaser

cntchds

Reaction score
I was thinking about making something a little unique for my car.

A guy on another forum wanted a diffuser for his 04, so I drew this one up. I think it'd look pretty sweet on a 94-98, so I may start trying my hand with fiberglass with a buddy of mine. This is just a teaser thread that may turn into an actual how-to, but for now I was just curious to what you guys think. I realize the drawing is of a new edge, but you can use your imagination.

diffuser.jpg

How's it look? Any suggestions for a first time with fiber glass?

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
no company has develop one of them.

They look good on the new edge

005.jpg

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
I saw that on Ebay... $450. Pretty steep for a bit of fiberglass/carbon fiber/whatever they made it out of.

riored96gt

Reaction score
...I can just hear that getting ripped out from under the back end on a steep driveway...

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Scarface said:
seems a little "Type R" for my tastes.
Well, I have two bumpers to play with, so I think that I'll cut up the old one first, and then post up some pictures before I work on the new one. I really hope that it turns out well, and doesn't look rice, but purposeful.

It will be painted semi-flat black to match my hood/spoiler/tail light bezels, thought it would look pretty racey. Hopefully not ricey. :dunno:

Reaction score
i think as long as they arent made too big and over the top itll look cool. just small ones that dont stand out and are subtle would look good

riored96gt

Reaction score
cntchds said:
Scarface said:
seems a little "Type R" for my tastes.
Well, I have two bumpers to play with, so I think that I'll cut up the old one first, and then post up some pictures before I work on the new one. I really hope that it turns out well, and doesn't look rice, but purposeful.

It will be painted semi-flat black to match my hood/spoiler/tail light bezels, thought it would look pretty racey. Hopefully not ricey. :dunno:

Provide lots of pics and you know we'll judge it for you!

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
I'll be sure to post pictures. I'm thinking about painting my whole car semi-flat black because the paint is so bad as it is. And I'm going to have to wait until after I get my side exhaust before I can even toy with this idea any more. We'll see when I get/install the other exhaust.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
cntchds said:
thought it would look pretty racey. Hopefully not ricey. :dunno:

Unless you have a road racecar exceeding 150 mph on the straights, it's rice.

riored96gt

Reaction score
Paul said:
cntchds said:
thought it would look pretty racey. Hopefully not ricey. :dunno:

...like our stock wings really work, too!! We just have nice Mustang rice!

drifts14x

Reaction score
cntchds said:
I saw that on Ebay... $450. Pretty steep for a bit of fiberglass/carbon fiber/whatever they made it out of.

Actually, Carbon Fiber is hella expensive to use and very difficult to do properly, especially if it is vacuum-infused. I like the idea, but then I think you should consider a front lip, lest you waste the design element.

As long as you don't make the diffusers too big, you won't look like a douche, so keep it classy and post plenty of pics.

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Paul said:

I would assume that you think adding a Cobra bumper on a GT is rice as well, which I wouldn't agree with. Just a difference in style.

I think it'll work out nice. It will happen at the end of July.

riored96gt

Reaction score
cntchds said:
Paul said:

I would assume that you think adding a Cobra bumper on a GT is rice as well, which I wouldn't agree with. Just a difference in style.

I think it'll work out nice. It will happen at the end of July.

Nope. That is legit.

Rice is stuff that doesn't work...unnecessary foof.

...like our rear wings!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I bet they'd look real good on a New Edge, but I can't see it flowing very well on a SN95... but I still want to see it. I don't think its rice if its done right.

Do IT!

OP
OP
C

cntchds

Reaction score
Will have the side exhaust late July, so I will work on this sometime in early to mid August. If it looks bad, or doesn't work out to my standards it just won't stay on the car. If it does look good though, you know I'll be rockin it. :coolsmiley:

86blackwidow

Reaction score
It would look nice if yoy did it properly and made it blend in to rear fascia.

Grim94GT

Reaction score
So what ended up happened to this project? Was it ever completed? Curious to see the end result

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online