how do i check

Austinx56

Reaction score
how do i check my drive gear, i'm re calibrating my speedo i found my gear ratio now i need to check what gear drive i have .....

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Not sure what transmission you have but if it is the T45 then the gear is located roughly mid transmission on driver side. You will see a Ø3/4" cable running into it connected by a bolt. Remove the bolt and it will come right out, then just count the teeth on the gear.

Other trannys may be similar but I haven't messed with any of them so I dont know.

Hope this helps. I can post some pictures later if you cant find it.

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
ok its a 94 gt auto i think thats the T45 [MENTION=18797]blackdemon007[/MENTION]

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
94 auto is not a t45... What gear do you have?

Ill give you what you need in one sec

but your tranny is an 8 tooth drive gear.. Again what speedo and drive gear you need is all dependant on what gears are in the rear of the car

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
94 auto is not a t45... What gear do you have?

Ill give you what you need in one sec

but your tranny is an 8 tooth drive gear.. Again what speedo and drive gear you need is all dependant on what gears are in the rear of the car

ohh well idk what gears... ive never changed them so what ever factory is they told me the ratio is 327..... i have a really rare 94-95 s351 200 MPH speedo in it

9838stang

Reaction score
looks like he wants to calibrate the new cluster to his car.

im not sure if changing the speedo gear will work....

you may have to get the ecu or pcm reflashed to the cluster....

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
looks like he wants to calibrate the new cluster to his car.

im not sure if changing the speedo gear will work....

you may have to get the ecu or pcm reflashed to the cluster....

yep but will that work on a 94?

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
i told late model whats going on and they said i need these gear things.. maybe [MENTION=17552]Jarrod@latemodel[/MENTION] can help here ??

joekd

Reaction score
Buy the ford racing speed dial, it will make your life a lot easier by allowing you to adjust things by turning the little dials rather then hunting and pecking to find the right gear combo

RichV

Reaction score
You should just buy a gear depending on the rear ratio. BUT, since you have not changed it, it should be OK. The gear is in the tranny not the cluster. However, I don't know anything about the 200mph speedo, do you know how much off it is? You can get a GPS app for your phone to find out for sure.

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
You should just buy a gear depending on the rear ratio. BUT, since you have not changed it, it should be OK. The gear is in the tranny not the cluster. However, I don't know anything about the 200mph speedo, do you know how much off it is? You can get a GPS app for your phone to find out for sure.
yeah it says im doing 60 but im doing 45

9838stang

Reaction score
Kinda sounds like a 4.10 or 4.30 speedo gear combo might work.... But the whole gearing is set up for a 150 Speedo

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Yeah not sure how to pull the drive gear from an automatic tranny, but I would suggest doing that first and then verify the tooth count. After that you need to change it out with higher tooth count gear in order to make the speedo read slower than the current reading.

Or you could get the ford speedo calibration tool ... but it would be somewhat of a guess and check on the settings since you changed out the speedo cluster and not gears or tires.

9838stang

Reaction score
Its as easy as taking two bolts out of the trans where the speedo gear is. The gears them selves are super cheap I got mine from steeda

RichV

Reaction score
Yea, but why would he need to change it if it worked in a stock cluster speedo? What's different about the Saleen one?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online