How hard is touching up paint...

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
My front bumper got a few chips from rocks in the paint, and I was wondering how hard would it be to just touch them up? Would it be hard to blend? There not really that big of chips, but they stand out with the PG paint. Where can I get some PG spraypaint?? :help2: :help2:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
If you've never done it before . . . have someone do it for you . . or it'll look like ass.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Guess I'll just wait and put it off...like everything I want to do :(

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
you can go get some touchup paint from the dealership, and use a toothpick to apply it to the rock chips. not really worth doing since they all will come back, the only way to be rid of them is to get your bumper repainted, then ask for the clear protectant applied over it. (the same protectant that is on your rockers, and sideskirts)

S

scarface

touchup is easy if you have a steady hand. just dont over do it with the paint or it will look like crap.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
scarface said:
touchup is easy if you have a steady hand. just dont over do it with the paint or it will look like crap.

You're right . . . it'll look like ass WITH crap . . .

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It depends on the size of the chips...if they are small you can make it look ok but large chips are hard to make nice with touch up. If you try it you can smooth it out with some high grit sandpaper and water to make it flush. I have even seen clear coat in the touch up bottle to coat it.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
tiny chips just a dot works, I use matches from a match book, the cardboard end or a toothpick, those little brush's are horrible for tiny chips. It is noticable but red is impossible to match and it looks better then little chips. If its a big chip its hard, you touch it up, sand it, then clear it and clear is a PITA.

N

nckissfan

the problem with the PG touchup paint is it will come out looking a different shade, as the paint is a multi-stage paint. So, it will stand out. Check around your area for a good paint shop. I have a friend who was going to do my front end for $125.

I don't think they make PG in a spray, otherwise my 97 Cobra vert model would be built by now

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, Im just gonna wait. Its not that bad, just a few chips. Im gonna wait till I get a new bumper (maybe a cobra bumper aswell as new hood) and have him spray them and the rear bumper cause it has a few scratches in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online