how many lbs will i lose and other ?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I have a 1997 GT, full bolt ons, and have a mongoose kit SQ trim with MPH boost pipe waiting to be installed...after i get it installed i am going to eventually get a paxton a/a intercooler and some custom grind blower cams...my question is does anybody know around how much lbs of boost ill lose from adding the i/c and blower cams?? And what size pulley i will have to run to get my boost back up to 10lbs? Or is it more of a install/dyno tune plug and play to see where i'm at?? I mean, who knows maybe ill be at more hp than i think and i won't be able to run as much boost as id like...

thoughts please

Peter

Reaction score
psi is a measure of restriction in the intake track. I think with the intercooler you might lose 1-2 psi but you will gain power. With the cams I cant see you losing any psi and again you should gain power.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
wow, thats without an i/c right??

i think what im going to do is just get the i/c and cams installed and see how much boost i see...than give tim a call at mph and see what he says to go with to get me back up to how many lbs i can before i reach 400rwhp :dancing6:

S

scarface

yeah w/out an IC. Dont get greddy with the boost man. THey will only hold so much, even with a great tune. I shift at 6k and I see 12psi...Although with the cams I am still pulling hard at that point.

I just made a huge mistake and didnt change my stock nonpi valve springs. IF I could go to 6500 or so I would probably see another lb or 2 in boost.

I have said it to you before at least a dozen times, but I suggest getting meth injection as well.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
scarface said:
yeah w/out an IC. Dont get greddy with the boost man. THey will only hold so much, even with a great tune. I shift at 6k and I see 12psi...Although with the cams I am still pulling hard at that point.

I just made a huge mistake and didnt change my stock nonpi valve springs. IF I could go to 6500 or so I would probably see another lb or 2 in boost.

I have said it to you before at least a dozen times, but I suggest getting meth injection as well.

Dido...esp on the last part.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.