How to data log: wideband 02 and boost

blown98gt

Reaction score
This is how you can use your Xcal to data log wide band (with an LC-1) and to Data Log boost.

Innovate Motorsports LC-1
LC_1.jpg

9-Pin Mini DIN Cable
1.jpg

2.jpg

Step 1: Trim back cladding on connector so it will fit correctly into the X-Cal
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Step 2: Cut one end off of your cable and strip back the cladding. We will only be using 1 wire for this mod. The green wire labled Analog 1 is the one you need to find. * DO NOT GROUND OR USE THE GROUND WIRE. We will adjust for the ground offset or difference in voltage later on.
9.jpg

Step 3: Connect the BROWN wire from the LC-1 to the GREEN wire of your cable.
10.jpg

Step 4:Route your cable under the dash. You may choose to run your cable a differnt way. Make sure you secure your cable so that if it gets tugged on that it will not rip the tiny wires. I used a few zip ties to secure mine.
11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Now that you have you Wideband cabled its time to setup your X-Cal 2 to data log your new input. Fire up LiveLink 3 and connect to your EEC and select Analog 1. Key on the car and start a data log. You will see a voltage value for Analog 1. Every car will be differnt so as long as its close to this you are good to go.
14.jpg

Step 5:Calculating ground offset...Launch LM Programmer (Innovate Motorsports) and select the Analog out 2 tab.
15.jpg

Next...change the high and low voltage values to 4 volts. Hit program and wait a few seconds. You will need to key off and key on for the settings to take affect.
16.jpg

Step 6:Go back to you LiveLink program. Since you key'd off and on for the Wideband setting change you will need to restart your data log session. You should now see a voltage value close to 4 volts. In my case I saw 3.974v
17.jpg

We can now adjust our formula to compensate for the differnce in gound sources. In my case there was a diffence of .026 volts (4.00 - 3.974 = .026) between my X-Cal 2 reading and what the LC-1 was outputting.

Step 7: Entering formula for Analog 1...double click on the Analog 1 and it will pop up the formula input box for that input. Enter your formula and hit Enter.
18.jpg

Use this formula --> ((V+X)*3.008)+7.35
X = your voltage offset...in my example my value for X was .026

Once you apply your formula you will now be seeing your actual A/F level. If you have the XD-16 gauge from Innovate Motorsports you can compare the readings. They should be identical.

19.jpg

Here is a sample data log from my car...
20.jpg

MAP Setup

First off you will need to get yourself a GM MAP sensor. I would suggest getting a 3 bar from the get go. A 2 bar MAP will only read up to 14.7psi where the 3 bar will read to 30psi. A 2 bar MAP will cost approx $40 and the 3 bar is $55. You can find them all over the net, ebay, summit racing, ect...

Step 1: You will need to find a 5v source to power the MAP sensor. I spliced into the factory EEC harness to get my 5v reference and ground. Pin 90 which was Brown/White is what I use for my 5 volt source and Pin 103, black/white, is what I used for the ground.

map1.jpg

map2.jpg

map3.jpg

map4.jpg

Step 2: Wire the MAP sensor into your SCT X-Cal2. I used Analog2 for my MAP input in this example. Tha MAP senor should be labled A, B, C. A and C are your power and gournd inputs and B is your senors output. Splice the center post (B) into the grey wire on the Mini DIN cable.

map5.jpg

map6.jpg

Step 3: Callibrate your MAP input. Make sure your car is not running but your key is on. Launch Live Link and select Analog2 from the analog inputs. Start a data log session and you will see a voltage for Analog2 if everything is wired properlly. You should see a value somewhere in the range of 1.5-1.6.

map7.jpg

With no vacuum or boost your MAP should be outputing 1.62 volts. In my example I am reading only 1.533 volts. I will have to adjust for the ground offset with a custom formula. Use ((V+x)*8.97)-14.696 where x = 1.62 minus you measured value. In my example that would be 1.62-1.533=.087.

map8.jpg

Here is a shot of a data log of my car running through the gears...25psi, 10:1 A/F @ 6500rpm.
map9.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FHCee

Members online