How to make your own IAC restrictor plate

borlakid96

Reaction score
Ive been complaining about hanging rpms for months you solved my problem! Thank you!

Quarter Horse

Reaction score
I realize this is an older "How To" Mod, But can anyone with a 94-95 Confirm that this worked for them as advertised? I "HATE" this problem with my Car, Until I stumbled across this Thread I was starting to think I had a Vacuum leak somewhere or ign. Timing was jacked some how?? :mad:

I really want to to do this Mod.... hoping it works the same for 94-95 Stangs too?(I would think so, just not 100% sure?)
Thanks in advance Fellas! :wink:

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I realize this is an older "How To" Mod, But can anyone with a 94-95 Confirm that this worked for them as advertised? I "HATE" this problem with my Car, Until I stumbled across this Thread I was starting to think I had a Vacuum leak somewhere or ign. Timing was jacked some how?? :mad:

I really want to to do this Mod.... hoping it works the same for 94-95 Stangs too?(I would think so, just not 100% sure?)
Thanks in advance Fellas! :wink:

A dead spot in my TPS was causing my hanging idle prob.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
It can help but you might need to do a couple of them to get the hole size just perfect. There is an adjustable one that I ended up buying that has some screws you can adjust to vary the air flow to get it perfectly. So it might help, it might not only one way to know.

Quarter Horse

Reaction score
A dead spot in my TPS was causing my hanging idle prob.

Thanks for Posting..... How did you Diagnose this Problem?

It can help but you might need to do a couple of them to get the hole size just perfect. There is an adjustable one that I ended up buying that has some screws you can adjust to vary the air flow to get it perfectly. So it might help, it might not only one way to know.

Thank you, Do you have a link to the one you Purchased? I like the idea of having an adjustable one. :thumbsup:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
TPS sensor is easy to check. Turn the key on and then you stab 2/3 wires in the hrns with a V-dc meter going to the IAC(on top of the motor) and then move the throttle body slowly to its max limit. IF the TPS is good you should see a slow rise in the voltage. IF there is a bad spot you will get no reading meaning its an open circuit or a bad voltage reading in the middle.

http://k-mansparts.com/items/f-150/...le-idle-spacer-kit-50-46-iacspacer-detail.htm

Quarter Horse

Reaction score
TPS sensor is easy to check. Turn the key on and then you stab 2/3 wires in the hrns with a V-dc meter going to the IAC(on top of the motor) and then move the throttle body slowly to its max limit. IF the TPS is good you should see a slow rise in the voltage. IF there is a bad spot you will get no reading meaning its an open circuit or a bad voltage reading in the middle.

http://k-mansparts.com/items/f-150/...le-idle-spacer-kit-50-46-iacspacer-detail.htm

Very Cool!!! Thanks TT for the link & info! :wink: So I am Correct in assuming that this RPM Hanging issue is Really the Result of a bad TPS sensor instead of a smog problem?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have no idea what your car is or what it has in it, or what the real problem is. Could be a number of things causing it but these are two easy things to check.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
TPS or vacuum leak are the two places I would start. Get a cigar, pull the line off your brake booster, exhale into the booster line and watch your motor for smoke. this will help you find vac leaks

Quarter Horse

Reaction score
TPS or vacuum leak are the two places I would start. Get a cigar, pull the line off your brake booster, exhale into the booster line and watch your motor for smoke. this will help you find vac leaks

Hahaha..... That is an AWESOME Idea!!! :headbang: Been doing this for quite a while now(Wrenching on Motors & Cars) and that is the 1st time I have ever heard of this b4! I thought I had heard it all lol............ Do I have to worry about My heads having a Asthma Attack? :D

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bwahahaha! No shops actually use a smoke machine that serves the same purpose, but it can obviously pump in a lot more than your mouth can.

$1000 machine, $2 cigar.....take your pick lol

Quarter Horse

Reaction score
Bwahahaha! No shops actually use a smoke machine that serves the same purpose, but it can obviously pump in a lot more than your mouth can.

$1000 machine, $2 cigar.....take your pick lol

:thumbsup:

Use a blunt and you car will be able to rev 3000 rpm "higher".

BaaaaaaaaWHahahahahahaha That's Great! Will it still pass smog as long as I get a Medical card from My Doc? :grin:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

BaaaaaaaaWHahahahahahaha That's Great! Will it still pass smog as long as I get a Medical card from My Doc? :grin:

Good news is that after doing this you and the car should be too high to give a shit about the sniffer. Or remember where it is... ANYONE WANT TO ORDER A PIZZA AND PUT SOME FUNIONS ON IT?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001