How to: SN95 convertible X-brace install onto a Coupe

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
i dont see the pros for adding this thing to a lowered coupe. I know it'll stiff the car up, but the cons out weight everything. That thing scraps EVERYTHING...a freaking rock in the road and POP it hits the brace and scares the crap out if you.. It came stock on my 1995 GT and im planning to get rid of it. Its going to plow snow in the winter time for the city..

The thing has to be an inch off the ground on a lowered car.

Perfect for stock riding height, but noway for a suspension modded car

OP
OP
B

Blind

Reaction score
mine hits occasionally, my car is quite low with IRS H&R race springs with no isolators, but it doesn't bother me when it hits something because it's just a chunk of metal under the car, I'd rather hit that than other bits.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
From what i understand this thing blocks the oil pan. I think they have 2 version of the brace for the years.

On my 95 Vert this thing blocks the oil pan drain plug. So there is hole drilled into the brace to allow OIL to flow through the brace without making a mess.

From the pictures above i dont see such hole. My guess would be the 96+ vert doesn't have the oil pan plug in the same place.

OP
OP
B

Blind

Reaction score
nope the oil comes out the drivers side of the oil pan, no issues.

and honestly the exhaust on my car hits more often than this brace.

Slykin

Reaction score
I have one on my 94 vert with the hole to let oil through. I love having it there, i'd have ripped my oil pan open by now if it wasn't there. It's pretty beat up itself.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Blind said:
nope the oil comes out the drivers side of the oil pan, no issues.

and honestly the exhaust on my car hits more often than this brace.

:laughing5: So.. if your a 5.0 coupe getting one of these. Make sure you get the one with the hole (from a 94-95 vert) or your going to have a huge mess come next oil change.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
God, today i wasn't paying attention to the middle of road and hit a HUGE huge limestone rock ! I was to busy trying to dodge the pot holes for my left and right tire and forgot about the middle of the road. I thought i broke something big time.. it HIT hard and stayed there. I had to hit it @ 35 mph.

The kick is the SOB cracked and got stuck in my oil pan area. I couldn't reach it till i got home. I have no idea if the brace fault for me hitting it or the brace+lowering of my car.

Stock 4x4 wouldve drove right over it like every other car did expect mine.

Picture of the the rock i hit.. well a piece.. the other big half dragged till i switched lanes to exit and check my car.
29o30hk.jpg

308ad6s.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online