Hows my suspension setup look?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Well here is what is currently on my car...only other suspension i plan on doing are a bumpsteer kit and Eibach anti roll kit (front and rear sway bars)

Eibach Pro Kit
KYB AGX 8 way adjustable gas shocks/struts
MM caster/camber plates
Steeda strut tower brace
MM full length welded subframes
SMR welded in torque box plates
Steeda adjustable upper control arms
Steeda non adjustable lower control arms

This is a street car btw

ga94gt

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice setup. I would just weld your stock torque boxes instead of buying the plates. I would not bother with the strut tower brace either, unless you want it for looks.

Let me know how you like the KYB's I have been looking at getting some.

94Pro-5.0

Reaction score
i think you should go with the plates; they are cheap and are worth it, the stock TB's are weak

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
nice setup, how do you like the steeda lca's? As of now im looking into mm adjustable lca's

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
well the plates are already on and like said they arent expensive at all, i want to say i spent like $90 for upper/lower. Actually my car came with a strut tower brace and i had to take it off when i did my blower setup and i noticed a difference in cowl shake. My hood shakes a decent amount, so i added a steeda strut tower and it solved that!

I love the steeda lca's, probably my favorite suspension mod i did.

As for the KYB's, had them for about 2 years and zero problems, its also very easy to adjust the setting. I recommend them as well!

Thanks guys

ga94gt

Reaction score
94Pro-5.0 said:
i think you should go with the plates; they are cheap and are worth it, the stock TB's are weak

The only reason they are weak is because they are spot welded form the factory weld them up and you will not have a problem.

blown97stanger said:
well the plates are already on and like said they arent expensive at all, i want to say i spent like $90 for upper/lower. Actually my car came with a strut tower brace and i had to take it off when i did my blower setup and i noticed a difference in cowl shake. My hood shakes a decent amount, so i added a steeda strut tower and it solved that!

I love the steeda lca's, probably my favorite suspension mod i did.

As for the KYB's, had them for about 2 years and zero problems, its also very easy to adjust the setting. I recommend them as well!

Thanks guys

Are they noisy like the strage struts? How are they adjusted?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I can honestly say they sound like they are stock. You adjust the rears by the turn of a knob and the fronts you need a screw driver. I currently run setting 4 in the front and 3 in the rear.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
my stock suspension are well worn. my springs are alright but due. are the stiffness of the lcas right? i havent put mine on but i know the stocks have substantial flex. i read and read on lcas and our cars. i want first hand perspective especially with upr.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I was just told by someone that I should also run a MM panhard bar with my setup, eibach anti roll kit, and the bumpsteer kit and my suspension is absolutely complete. Now, i thought in order to run a panhard bar you had to ditch the uppers and go with a torque arm setup?

sk8inrj1

Reaction score
I DO NOT think you should run a panhard bar with your set-up due to having stiffer than stock upper control arms with poly bushings. I believe that a panhard bar would introduce more bind into your set-up. Either stay with what you got or get stock upper control arms with rubber bushings on the axle side of the upper control arms and a panhard bar of your choice. Again, this what I think, my opinion.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I was also told by another guy not to get the panhard bar with my setup. Plus, considering my car is a street car that it wont benefit me that much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online