hpde at hastings neb.

mike stevens

Reaction score
My first time to this track. I really liked the track layout. Really a lot of fun and a safe track to run.
I've made some minor changes to the car since memorial weekend. The best change was installing a MM panhard bar. Excellent improvement to rearend control and getting rid of of the sloppyness. I'm still using stock control arms. That is future mods.
Lowered the rear .5" to level out the the ride height.
Installed hawk blue front pads. Excellent improvement in stopping power and pad life. New problem though, I can lock up the front brakes. I wonder if there is an abs issue or the the rears just not working well. I still have stock type pads on the rear. pad wear is minimal.
no abs light coming on and no pedal modulation when abs is typically activated

Anybody have suggestions?

Mike

Irate

Reaction score
Southern Ca, but Nor Cal guy born and raised
Does abs come one while/ if you’re driving in icy/ snow conditions? Someone could have removed the abs before you came into ownership. If you haven’t already, check to make sure it’s still there. Lame advice I know but it’s all I got right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its all together possible that someone just put a piece of tape over the abs warning light as its been known to happen rather than to fix it. Lets start simple and ask that you do have the abs pump up front still? Is the abs light on at all?

OP
OP
M

mike stevens

Reaction score
Car does have ABS system. ABS light never comes on, not even on initial startup.
I'm going to go ahead and take out the system. Building the car for scca itr class. abs not allowed.
Still doesn't help me with the lack of rear braking. Cobra m/c's are different size. different size rear calipers. don't know what will help at this point.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.