I go to the dark side..

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The Ricer twins live next door and the build Nissan 240's. Lots of drift cars, turbos,hauler trucks,trailers, 16 motorcycles,Pit Bulls and fire pits going on daily..
The Big Sikh just picked up a Gen III LS 4.8 out of a 1999 pick up truck for 150.00 with 60k on the block and a 4 angle valve job on the heads. The heads are "862" and he wants me to port them for him. I find out these heads are considered just OK to work on and have "small" chamber CC's and 200CC "cathedral" intake runners with 1.9" valves stock.:shocked:
I look online and porting is easy because the ports are HUGE and only need work from the bend to the bowl and even the big CNC boys barely touch the runner walls unless going BIG on one of the other 9 types of LS heads.
At what point is your braking point? This little junk 4.8 GEN III for 150.00 all day long across the USA just needs 1 cheap cam to make Ford Coyote power. Holley now has all the swap parts including headers,PCM,harness and cable type conversions for the throttle. This type of swap has been going on for years but it is getting really cheap, easy, and fast to go to the dark side...

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I had a next door neighbor give me a 6.0ls shortblock. Dont think I havent considered it. All i would have to do is get a set of swap headers and rewire it. Then tune the megasquirt.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t make me drive down there and kick your ass!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Technically my genesis is my car so I can make that happen!!!! [emoji38]

But on a side note, I never wanna hear crap again about mods being superior to pushrods if you go to an ls. They are pushrods!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've told you before... '95 and earlier is easier to make power with. The Holley swap parts are for sn95's. With the headers and fly by wire BS the biggest pain, not any more. I am not in the tank for Ford, just how things come about a times. I have built only 1 Chevy and that was a 327 which I think was one of the golden sizes back in the 60's. Chevy had the 327 and Mopar had the 318 both good engines. I came to Ford when I found a new Marauder with 43 miles on it for 20k which was 16k off and all they were really worth. You could get a nice Crown Vic Sport for 18.7 out the door. I spent 10 years and a lot of money on that car learning with the rest of the Panther platform gang but I was working over seas so I had the money. Ford and Chevy have done many things right after getting beat to death by the Japs in the 80's, and the Mod motor and LS have come along way. I understand brand loyalty even when suffering though junk designs, so some people are going to be stubborn. I have tried many things that are terrible brands because I can see the original intent but poor execution and can fix the problems. Would you really turn down a Jaguar just because the crappy alternators ruined the car and brand or find a Denso one that fits and have a great car for 10 cents on the dollar? Kind of the same deal with the T45 transmission, biggest piece of junk made....until you fix a few bad parts and it turns into the smoothest trans made. I started working on the LS heads this morning, you could hide a donut in that intake port, I am half way done in 4 hours on one head. I spent 40 hours easy on each set of 4.6 heads I have done and the 4V heads I have done took buckets of money to make true to the designers idea. I am happy with my little pony but it has been an adventure in stupidly- mine. If I get a real job my next build is unknown, but I can get a LS into a Miata if I have to. Now how about a LS in a Mini????

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here I am babbling BS out my butt and the new issue of Grass Roots Motorsports comes in the mail today and their featured build???????????
A SN95 with a LS turbo power train done for 2k.

PinkieT

Reaction score
Here I am babbling BS out my butt and the new issue of Grass Roots Motorsports comes in the mail today and their featured build???????????
A SN95 with a LS turbo power train done for 2k.

DO IT!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online