I have a suspension question!

kissrocksforever

Reaction score

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
the second one will be more agressive and have a lower stance. The springs will be red as well, that picture needs changed.

The first one is a Pro-Kit which should get you about 1.5" front and rear
The second one is a Sportline Kit which should get you about 2.0" in the front and 1.8" in the rear.

5ptSlow

Reaction score
While were on the subject Steve, and I can't seem to get anyone on live chat support...-_-

I have the Aggressive Lowering Springs that I originally bought for my 2000 v6. I was wondering if they'll work for my 95 5.0 convertible and do you know if the aprox drop rate will change?

Slykin

Reaction score
I would assume they would work.. and if anything, your convertible is a bit heavier and will therefore compress the springs a bit more than a coupe. Not sure on the v8 vs. v6 weight though.

5ptSlow

Reaction score
So the difference is about 400lbs total from the curb weight
00 v6 coupe @ 3069 + 250lbs (I'm not 250, just adding a random weight) = 3300lbs
95 GT vert @ 3451 + 250lbs = ~3,700

Slykin

Reaction score
Yeah, if anything you might have a bit of rake in the front, but I wouldn't imagine there'd be any problems. A four hundred pound difference isn't a whole lot when you consider you add almost that much weight with a couple passengers and the difference between a full tank of gas/no gas. Granted, a bit over a hundred pounds of that difference will be at the engine I think. I'd just try it out and see what happens. If they drop too much in the front it's a lot easier to remove the shorter springs than messing with stock ones.

5ptSlow

Reaction score
True story. I'm doing the springs tomorrow, and then driving an hour and a half to a car show. Well see how they hold up. Lol

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Slykin

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it too much lol.. Once, I ran Eibach sportlines in the front of my car and stock mach 1 springs in the rear. Now THAT was some crazy rake.

Steve@CJPP

Reaction score
While were on the subject Steve, and I can't seem to get anyone on live chat support...-_-

I have the Aggressive Lowering Springs that I originally bought for my 2000 v6. I was wondering if they'll work for my 95 5.0 convertible and do you know if the aprox drop rate will change?
sorry for the delay i have been swamped with a project I am working on.

Your springs will work, according to my chart the spring when on a V6 drop the front 1.7 and the rear 1.5, on the GT it will be a 2.0 Front and 1.8 Rear drop.

5ptSlow

Reaction score
Thanks. I put them in Sunday and you were right, they do drop it a little lower than the v6.

Thanks for the info though. Good to know the springs are interchangeable between the years!

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online