I just cannot win with these damn headlights...what should I do?

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
How will drilling holes keep condensation out? The whole point is to keep moisture OUT. I figure if I drill little holes in the side lights it will make them fog up like crazy!

S

scarface

condensation is evaporating water. If the holes are drilled, the water will have a way out, and the Headlights will not "sweat" inside. You may get some in there still, but it will dry out very quickly

S

scarface

mmmmm...baked headlights. Becareful, too long and it will warp them. Unfortunalty I know from experience :(

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
I did it for EXACTLY 3 minutes. ^-^

I just got done resiliconing them. I guess they will go back on tomorrow afternoon.

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Well no fogging up yet and damn do the headlights look badass! :dancing6: :dancing6:

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
I'll get some pics up today... :banana: They look oh so sweet with the Silvania Silverstars but here soon they will have some true HID's in them. :noes:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh so you drilled the headlights? Good idea

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
I thought about it for 10 seconds but in the end....I infact did not drill the headlights. :gtfo: :eek:uttahere: :slap:

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Yea I baked them like said for 3 minutes exactly then had my dad push the corner while i pushed on the other part of the light. Can't tell you if THAT helped but it sure didn't hurt. Then I siliconed the piss out of the headlights. So far so good... Haven't had a rain yet but its coming tomorrow I heard.

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
I will... GOD I hope they don't fog up. Keeping my fingers crossed. :-X

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Well it has been raining for about 4 hours now and NO water in my passenger corner light. I would say the project was a success Watson! :google2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online