I just washed my engine off.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I covered my electrical stuff like I was told to. It is now drying off. The plug wires and distributor is still dirty though! How do I clean that off? I am new to the washing your motor off. I have never really driven anything worth washing my motor, really good. I mean I kept it clean, just not detailed! The 1st year I had it, I entered it in a local car show. I detailed it with Armour All so it would really shine. Is that safe to use? I do not use it on my car now though! The stuff is too oily! I am the king of Post-It Notes now!! If I use it, my notes will not stick to anything! I use the Meguiar’s stuff now. Do I use this to clean my plugs and stuff? Thanks!!

S

scarface

I would spray some degreaser on a rag and wipe them down.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Can you give me a brand please. I will have to pick some up next Wally World, etc trip! Can I use a microfiber cloth, too? I cleaned it kind of with my interior cleaner. It still needs cleaning though.

I guess it will be OK to take of the plug wires one at a time to clean, right? Sorry, I know jack about that stuff!! Thanks!

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
1STOF3 said:
Can you give me a brand please. I will have to pick some up next Wally World, etc trip! Can I use a microfiber cloth, too? I cleaned it kind of with my interior cleaner. It still needs cleaning though.

I guess it will be OK to take of the plug wires one at a time to clean, right? Sorry, I know jack about that stuff!! Thanks!

Get some detailing brushes if you want to spend money or use a cloth such as a microfiber with your fingers to clean it up. I'd dress the engine with something like Pigspit or CD2 (hard to find).

ALITL8

Reaction score
simple green, some brushes and a cotton towel... you shouldnt need a microfiber under the hood unless youve got some really clean painted surfaces. as far as dressing under the hood, your armor all will do fine. you dont want to use anything flammable in the engine bay.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
1STOF3 said:
I just have an older microfiber towel. Dirty jobs is about all it's good for. Thanks!!

Yes. When I said maybe use a microfiber I meant using an older one that you don't care about. Also make sure you don't use it on the paint at all or your car will be swirl city before you know it. :lame:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online