I NEED HELP

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
the paint on my car has swirl marks so i bought turtlewax swirl and scratch remover liquid wax. it says on the bottle it removes these marks and gives it a shiny finish...well the problem is i applied this wax to the whole car, then wiped it off with a soft cloth as directed. some of it came off, but i now have a lot of wax marks in my paint and it looks almost like i didnt take it off at all! i screwed up because it said use a damp applicator and mine was dry (i didnt catch that part) so now it looks like crap...anyone know how to fix this??? i cant stand it how it looks! thanks in advance,
paul

G

GREG@SN95

buy a buffer... if that don'twork...

wet sand it w/ some very very fine grit paper

Spyder

Reaction score
get a porter cable buffer and get poorboys line of swirl remover, start with the 2.5 and work your way up, then get a healthy coat of was on there and stand back and drool, just not on the car.

Im sure dalamar will chime in here shortly and give you the full scoop, since he owns basically the whole poorboys line and has performed some paint miracles with it

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yea you wont be disapointed with a porter cable polisher, you will love it man worth every penny. Also get some quality waxes etc like Poorboys that was mentioned they have a good swirl remover.

ALITL8

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:

Greg, are you crazy? thats some dangerous advice!!! SVTGizzi just said he messed up applying wax :dunno:

unless you know what youre doing dont wet sand.

try using an orbital buffer and some 3M Perfect It II. a porter cable is nice but there are cheaper alternatives if you dont want to spend that kind of money. do small sections and remove compound with microfiber towels as you go. follow up with a quality polish and wax (applied with the orbital as well, remove with microfiber towels). and like Spyder said "stand back and drool"... just not on the car ;)

G

GREG@SN95

ALITL8 said:
GREG@SN95 said:

Greg, are you crazy? thats some dangerous advice!!! SVTGizzi just said he messed up applying wax :dunno:

unless you know what youre doing dont wet sand.

try using an orbital buffer and some 3M Perfect It II. a porter cable is nice but there are cheaper alternatives if you dont want to spend that kind of money. do small sections and remove compound with microfiber towels as you go. follow up with a quality polish and wax (applied with the orbital as well, remove with microfiber towels). and like Spyder said "stand back and drool"... just not on the car ;)

ARE YOU CRAZY??!!?!?

Its easy and it works... I know ls of people who have done it... of coarse as a last resort... which is why i said to get a buffer first...

as long as you take your time ya'll be fine

ALITL8

Reaction score
yes im crazy but that has nothing to do with it. the guy just told us he messed up applying wax, reckon wet sanding and the buffing that goes with it is something he should try now ???

no offense, SVTGizzi :)

G

GREG@SN95

ALITL8 said:
yes im crazy but that has nothing to do with it. the guy just told us he messed up applying wax, reckon wet sanding and the buffing that goes with it is something he should try now ???

no offense, SVTGizzi :)

buffer wont hurt paint

??????????????

i said wetsand... i meant as last resort... it was implied when i said buy a buffer... if that don'twork... wet sand it w/ some very very fine grit paper

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Search around this forum for some pics.

The PC and the right compound works great.
If you dont wanna get a PC, pads and compound, then you'll just have to do it by hand multiple times.

I really like the Poorboys stuff, I'm sure other brands will work well too.
I've tried all the autoparts brands and they don't work as well.

OP
OP
S

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys...ill see how it works out

yea and no offense taken i gotta read the directions better next time lol :-[

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah id just get a Paint Cleaner, even Meguires will be fine then go over the car with that, do one panel at a time, rub it in, then rub it out when your done rubbing it into one panel/section.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
If you dont wanna get a PC, pads and compound, then you'll just have to do it by hand multiple times.

there are other orbital buffers, maybe not as well made or variable speed but there are others. for instance, Ryobi makes a 6" orbital and Home Depot sells it for 19.95... get a 2 pack of terry bonnets and 2 packs (single) of microfiber bonnets and go wild. use the terry bonnets for applying the compound and the microfiber for applying polish and wax. remove all products with microfiber towels by hand... no biggy :thumb:

if you plan on using a buffer a LOT or you just want to be the coolest guy on the block get the Porter-Cable. if you'll only use it a couple of times a year, buy the cheapo, do a good job and save your money for performance mods ;)

oh and SVTGizzi, we all do it... "if all else fails, read directions" ::)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
if you plan on using a buffer a LOT or you just want to be the coolest guy on the block get the Porter-Cable. if you'll only use it a couple of times a year, buy the cheapo, do a good job and save your money for performance mods ;)
I agree with that.. I had one from pep boys, it worked fine, i just burned it up in 8 months time.

All these years I thought it was the biggest boat, but now you say it's the PC makes you the coolest on the block!! 8)
LOL j/k man.

ALITL8 said:
oh and SVTGizzi, we all do it... "if all else fails, read directions" ::)
Directions are for pussies... so is saving on video games!

ALITL8

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
All these years I thought it was the biggest boat, but now you say it's the PC makes you the coolest on the block!! 8)
LOL j/k man.

by the looks of your garage/shop, toys, tools, etc., you may already be the coolest guy on your block :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online