I See A 98 Cobra Convertable In My Future!!

ThePope

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have an opperetunity to buy this 98 Cobra I found in my neck of the woods. The car all around looks great. Here are 2 concerns I have.

1. Is this car priced right based on mileage?

2. I notice the steering wheel has a running pony on the air bag. Didn't the cobras have COBRA written on it? Which is making me believe the car was either hit or airbags were changed.

I really like this car but I wanna be smart about it as well. If anyone can help out with this, that would be great. :thumb:

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
A car should be priced on mileage and looks.

Just make sure you run a CARFAX, cause there is a reason why they changed the Airbags.

Check the frame,if you have access to a lift get it on there.

didnt you just do a pi motor swap?

whats the price?

OP
OP
ThePope

ThePope

Reaction score
ıʌɐɾ said:
A car should be priced on mileage and looks.

Just make sure you run a CARFAX, cause there is a reason why they changed the Airbags.

Check the frame,if you have access to a lift get it on there.

didnt you just do a pi motor swap?

whats the price?

They have the car listed on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-1...oryZ6236QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I checked the carfax and its "clean" I'm gonna look at it today in person. Yeah I just did the PI swap. Car was fine up until sunday night when I started it up and the fusible link cought fire on the engine harness. If its not one thing, it's another. I'm just gonna fix it and sell it if I decide to get the cobra.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Damn it looks clean But i wonder why the air bags reads srs instead of cobra? :google2:

Ciotti

Reaction score
That would be overpriced if it was a personal sale but saying as that it's a lot that's selling it, that price is about right. I paid $5,500 for mine with 111,000 miles on it and my dad paid 8,000 for his with 83,000 miles and was as clean as the day it rolled off the assembly line.

timpryor

Reaction score
I would pass on it, the price is a bit high, theres a TON of them on SVTPerformance for quite a bit less than that. I wouldn't trust carfax either, My cobra came back with a clean report and we found out that it had been in an accident before

OP
OP
ThePope

ThePope

Reaction score
Well everyone, here is the update. Looked at the car this afternoon. Cobra ran like crap. Needed a tune up bad. Front and rear bumpers had spider cracks galore. And to top it all off, the passenger side fender was replaced with a OEM bumper and repainted. Then looked even closer, the entire passenger side was repainted. So right there that explained the GT/V6 airbag. I even showed the owner of the lot and he was pissed. :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online