i talked to a old friend today and got a good offer i think

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i was talking to a fellow mustang friend i had a few years back when i worked selling parts ...well 3 years later and a couple cities away i am back selling parts and he had also moved up here and today he came in too our customer appreciation lunch...and said he ended up selling his stangs and has ford racling long tubes brand new with no home...he wants 75 bucks!!! but that would mean i need a new mid-pipe...which i do anyways but is there anyway to hook the headers up now to my current h pipe?? maybe a little cutting and some collectors? is it possible to get things to line up or do i just need to break down and buy a mid pipe?? i ask because i really wasnt wanting to do headers right now i need ball joints brakes and springs...but i cant beat 75 bucks lol seams like a steal of a deal to me

S

scarface

get the headers, then save for the pipe. im sure an exhaust shop could rig something, but it will be rigged.

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
get the headers, then save for the pipe. im sure an exhaust shop could rig something, but it will be rigged.

lol must i remind you of the heater hose on the mufflers lol....still holding up too lol :hammer:

ripper

Reaction score
I thought you got a prochamber Trav? Maybe im thinkin of someone else. Im senile remember? :D

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
nope no prochamber here... i got a o/r h that was on the car and when i put my cat back on it looks like the h broke where the auctual h is and it has a sleeve over it :hammer: ...does anyone make a o/r x for longtubes??

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
nope no prochamber here... i got a o/r h that was on the car and when i put my cat back on it looks like the h broke where the auctual h is and it has a sleeve over it :hammer: ...does anyone make a o/r x for longtubes??

SLP

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
tRaV_19 said:

SLP

hmmm that already sounds expensive :hammer:

4point6GT

Reaction score
sell them to me :) i need LT headers!!!!!!!! pls :), will they fit a 98 gt ? what type of coating ?

Peter

Reaction score
you could get the front part of the H cut off and then new flanges welded on, but for the hassel of doing that plus you wouldnt be able to sell the current H I would just save, buy a proper pipe and sell the one you got on there now to help recoup some cost.

Or buy the headers for 75, sell for a good profit and buy something else haha

S

scarface

tRaV_19 said:
scarface said:

lol must i remind you of the heater hose on the mufflers lol....still holding up too lol :hammer:
just save up and buy the shorty H pipe.. With the LTS and the flows, with the X pipe it will be UBER RASPY!

used OR H pipes are really cheap.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ford Racing made LTs??

Anywho, just buy the SLP, I love my SLP guy

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i havent seen them he said they were new fox body long tubes ford racing...taking his word..but im wondering can they be used with a 351 in our cars?? if nnot its kinda wasteful then