I want a tree fiddy one swap

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
What all does the swap consist of? Will my stock 5.0 comp work with the 351 till I can get a tune. Will my stock connectors and accessory brackets work with the 351? So many questions. Someone lend a hand that has done the swap.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You can get some good info from the link in my sig.. There is more to it but I'm in class right this moment.

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
Why cant I comment on that page? White how did the stage 3 cam behave on the street. I do daily drive my car with the weekly strip trip. I have the stage 1 and was looking at the stage 2 for this build

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Simply because I locked the thread.. The TFS 3 cam is a bit rowdy for daily driving but if you have 3.73's or better it would work.
Are you going to keep it a 351 or stroke it?

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
I have 3.73 ive just been to lazy to put them in and idk it depends on budget I want to stroke but im going to use a junkyard block so idk how it will hold up. If anything a fresh set of forged pistons and such to be able to handle boost or spray.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Any 351w block will easily handle 600 hp but the factory internals won't, for long anyway. If you any find any late 60's or early 70's blocks, look for a one-piece main block. If you can only find a two-piece it's not a big loss.. You will have to either find a factory roller block, drill/tap a non-roller block for the lifter-spider OR run a set of fancy linked bar lifter, like I have.

I'm not the expert on this subject but can help you figure things out.

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
Idk what all it takes to convert an "one piece" block (idk what you mean) to a roller set up

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
And they pull yards around here are full of 351 roller motors. A dime a dozen. And for $100 I can have one. Well for the shortblock anyway.

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
After hearing what alot of people said ive decided to scrap the stock rods and pistons. Maybe a stroker. Scat or eagle or stock rebuild with forged rods and pistons. When its all said and done id like to spray or boost It

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You should buy a built short block if you're going to go through all that trouble.. Coast High Performance, D.S.S. Racing, Fordstrokers.com.. Call them up, tell them your goals, intended use and they'll guide you. It's not cheap either way you choose to go! I spent around 3200 putting my short block together!! 1500 was machine work and assembly!!!!!

OP
OP
R

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
My buddy builds engines so as far as assembly money I won't have but a hundred or two in it. But if I buy an aftermarket setup like your talking im going big. Lol if I go completely aftermarket block and such I want something that will hold up to 900-1000 whp. Because that is eventually my goal but I have all the time in the world so ill hit up the sites you posted above and grab some estimates. Thanks man

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online