Identifying PI Intake

Monday

Reaction score
Is there any way to tell how old a PI Intake is?

KasperBPMC

Reaction score
This caught my eye. I packed up my tools and was going to the junk yard. My Pops yelled at me for being stupid. I figured he was against the swap. He was against me buying a 25 year old manifold that was cracked like all the others. Doorman makes a new oem one and so does ford. You just need to specify you have a 2000 gt. Now the problem i seen is that you need to modify the coolant passages in the intake. Buy a new intake, its cleaner and safer

07GtS197

Reaction score
^ yup

Just to let you guys know, pi intakes are being made daily!.....still
Are there two pi intakes made? The one for the late model panthers don’t have a threaded boss for a temp sensor like the mustang did.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
There are, believe it or not, 50 something different part numbers for 8 different variations. The main manifold itself is the same with all of them. Its the water channel that seperates them differently. And yes, there are water channels with and without temp sensors holes. Different T-stat depths. Hose tubes for trucks and vans.

Are you needing something special?

07GtS197

Reaction score
I was just curious since I knew of the differences. My 09 P71 has a new intake without the temp sensor boss and it just got me thinking. It’s something most people would overlook, especially if they bought a panther motor to swap into a mustang and didn’t have the mustang intake.

Flade

Reaction score
This caught my eye. I packed up my tools and was going to the junk yard. My Pops yelled at me for being stupid. I figured he was against the swap. He was against me buying a 25 year old manifold that was cracked like all the others. Doorman makes a new oem one and so does ford. You just need to specify you have a 2000 gt. Now the problem i seen is that you need to modify the coolant passages in the intake. Buy a new intake, its cleaner and safer
The Dorman unit isn’t even close to the PI. No better than the non PI manifold. Put it and a real PI side by side and the difference is very noticeable

PinkieT

Reaction score
I plan on drilling and tapping the boss on the aluminum crossover so I can install my 98's temp sensor on a later manifold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online