idle problem

Mbachota97

Reaction score
It all started when i changed my pullies, when i noticed my battery gauge goes to the o in normal. It gets worse when i drive it will drop down to the n. I have had it shut off twice but i would probably happen more if i dont catch it when it gets low like that. I put a 200 amp alternator on there thinking it would fix it but nope. I put a new battery in there less than a year ago, so im just confused on whats the problem is.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im guessing you have underdrive's on it now and that is causeing the chargeing problem, you could try the bigger alt, but im not sure if that will take care of it. The water pump is another problem area when you do pulleys it slows the pump down soo much that the car car will start to get warm while standing still.

OP
OP
M

Mbachota97

Reaction score
Yeah i put pulleys on it but talking to my dad his pulleys are different so im going to go back where i got them put on to actually make sure they put pulleys on it in the first place. The bigger alt didnt help. So hopefully they just messed up. Thanks

OP
OP
M

Mbachota97

Reaction score
I went to dugan racing here in ga and tom told me that its the IAC so i guess ill go and check that out. Yeah i did put on my old pulley. Thanks for all the help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online