Idle quality not worth a damn after heads/intake/cam

badass98svt

Reaction score
i'm not sure if you can swap the ecu all that easily. the 94+ has the PATS system in it.

Masama

Reaction score
I have got similar problems (bad idle and engine shut down), I can t find any vacuum leaks.
After +1100 rpm engine running well.
and now I wondering if my setup is little bit too much for -95 computer ?
Setup is following and all parts are brand new ( now it ran only 1 h test run )
Twisted wedge ported heads ( in.276 cfm ex.203 cfm )
E303 cams with 1,7:1 RR, -95 Cobra intake, Bassani Eq headers, stock 19 lbs injectors, MAF and TB.
If that computer will not work can I use Ford racing mass-air induction kit (M-9000-C52)
That directly fits -86-93 But how about for my -95 5.0 Gt Mustang ? :help2:

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
bcknblack said:
justa little info i wanted to install the e cam into my 94 and was told that the 94-95 computer will not accept the cam change i was told to run a 93 or earlier eec computer in my car seemed like a lota trouble so i stuck to the good ol trusty stock cam :police:
Who gave you that info? An E cam is pretty mellow and as stated before, should be fine with the 94/95 computer. I'll admit I don't have personal experience with that cam but I do know a few that have it and have had no problems...

Z28 This

Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:
bcknblack said:
justa little info i wanted to install the e cam into my 94 and was told that the 94-95 computer will not accept the cam change i was told to run a 93 or earlier eec computer in my car seemed like a lota trouble so i stuck to the good ol trusty stock cam :police:
Who gave you that info? An E cam is pretty mellow and as stated before, should be fine with the 94/95 computer. I'll admit I don't have personal experience with that cam but I do know a few that have it and have had no problems...

fuck the e cam...2 small and doesnt lope good to me...im going lunati 1087 cam 8)

Z28 This

Reaction score
badass98svt said:
i'm not sure if you can swap the ecu all that easily. the 94+ has the PATS system in it.

it can be done...my friend put it in his 94 gt...but hes out of the country in the military so i cant get up with him and ive seen others do it and tell me i should

yellastang342

Reaction score
Definitely no way to cure without tweecer , pms, or chip. Went with 342 engine with an x cam, nightmare idle and die ever since. Got tweecer, but no support except from forums. Tweecer cheapest option but slowest learning curve, I'm about to give up and go get a superchip burned by local tuner shop. Sorry for the bad news but our computer is more load dependant than 89-92 computers. Load being calculated by MAF, engine size, and TPS. Change airflow and you throw the computer out of wack. Thanks to EPA restictions put in effect 1995, the computer calculates all states with load now. Older ecms could use pre set tables at idle and also had a much larger learning ability to compensate for changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online