Ignition issues? Tuning issues?

mrsn95guy

Reaction score
Got a few questions I'm curious on,
1) after car warms up above 160 degrees, I get a stumble at idle and during tip in (really bad at tip in). Once over 2k rpm and in boost it runs like a raped ape. I am having trouble pin pointing it in the tune it's a very quick blip and doesn't do it all the time; this leads me to after start enrichment, warm up enrichment or accel enrichment. I can't really locate mis hap on data log but I feel it in throttle.
2) I have 60lb injectors on a 302 turbo car, I've changed dead time to .887ms to accommodate for the oversized injector. How far can I take it before doing damage to the injector driver, can the oversized injectors be some of the above mentioned problems. I'm planning on a 351 and I know they will be sized just right and don't really wanna waste money on injectors I would install on a throw away motor.

3) can the clutch slip only under boost, when I romp on it after banging through gears I get a clutch smell but it bites normally during normal driving.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Where is [MENTION=8201]Addermk2[/MENTION] when we need him?? Lol He’d be the guy to ask about the tune.

As far as the clutch only slipping under boost, yes that’s when it’s more likely to slip as that’s when the torque is really coming on. I’d say the clutch you have is probably on its way out. The pressure plate probably isn’t strong enough.

Do you know what clutch and pressure plate you currently have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mrsn95guy

Reaction score
Bought from advance auto "king cobra" they say good to 500whp and I highly doubt I'm at that yet. It is a little older and has had 8-10k hard miles (nitrous, track and street launches).
After some hard core late night searching last night I found that my "dead time @13.2v" was set at .847 and from Siemens deka website it stated I need .400~ for 60lb injectors. Then my "accel enrich" values for TPSdot was too high, I cut it 33% or 1/3 from original. That hopefully nets me a cleaner tip in. Fine tuning will be necessary, I gotta make some test hits soon to give a definite verdict. PW at wot was like ~8 something and I was way to rich pegged AFR meter at 10. Accel enrich was all messed up, big sticks on a SBF turbo is confusing but as I work through it I'm noticing better things.
I refuse to let a machine beat me lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Glad to see your getting it worked out. I’d still say pressure plate and clutch are suspect. An old turbo car I had would be fine till I spiked the boost gauge. Then the rpms would climb up before settling back down and then I’d speed up a bit. Almost like it had a torque converter but it’s not suppose to happen. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mrsn95guy

Reaction score
Yea it's coming along on tuning.
As far as clutch issue; I've had a Audi A4 that done same exact thing you are speaking of and it was clutch. That's where things on here get weird, when I lug engine it does fine, I can drive hard it does fine it's when I peg the boost gauge or shift hard while in boost that I get my smell but no rpm spikes. It's almost like it's the motto is spinning at 4,800rpm but the clutch is spinning at 4,700rpm like it can't keep ahold of the flywheel. Hopefully my tip in problem was the tune and not actually the clutch slipping.
Ive gotten pretty good at changing a clutch, but doing it on my back will take its toll. I'm looking at doing a spec because that was by far the best clutch I had in my nitrous CRX, 3k clutch dumps all day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online

No members online now.