I'm Confused...

CobraClone94

Reaction score
When i figure it out, You'll be the first to know.
Hey all,

I really need some help, I am replacing the brake lines on my 94 GT, and I have all the lines but one installed, I am told I am missing a part to complete them.

This part in the pic, I have and is already installed, I am told I need a small block of some sort to connect my final line too, Does anyone know what this part is called, or what the part number in?

Part.jpg

I do not have the org part, It was removed and toss by the previous owner.

Thanks in advance.

Don

Slykin

Reaction score
So the "hollow bolt" IS what you're looking for? If so, that's called a banjo bolt, and they're expensive. You'll also need two copper crush washers per line to put where the grooves are on the block.

Edit: If the banjo bolt/crush washers is not what you need.. then you should be fine. The lines go right into the caliper.

Slykin

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie... i'm confused also haha. The top two lines in the picture are the fender well brake lines, not sure what the one on bottom is. You should only need 1 line per corner on the front brakes. On the rear you need a third line from the axle to the chassis. I'm not sure what you got going on there...

Edit: Lmao, you ARE on the rear of the car. Doh. Wow. Well, i've never messed with that line, but here is a pic of that third line from MM. http://www.maximummotorsports.com/content/large_images/brakes/MMBK1R_LG.jpg. I'll keep looking for that piece.

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
Yeah its a weird sit, All the brake lines are hung and connected, cept one, the Right rear line, The rear lines that run along the axle are connected to the Flex hose i pictured. I was told there should be a box of some kind that connects to the Bolt, so that the line from the front can connect to it.....:p

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie... i'm confused also haha. The top two lines in the picture are the fender well brake lines, not sure what the one on bottom is. You should only need 1 line per corner on the front brakes. On the rear you need a third line from the axle to the chassis. I'm not sure what you got going on there...

Edit: Lmao, you ARE on the rear of the car. Doh. Wow. Well, i've never messed with that line, but here is a pic of that third line from MM. http://www.maximummotorsports.com/content/large_images/brakes/MMBK1R_LG.jpg. I'll keep looking for that piece.

See that doesn't make sense, the final line i need comes from the front of the car and connects to the ABS block that is just under the rad, and runs the length of the car to the back.

Slykin

Reaction score
I don't think there should be anything else.. but I don't really know at this point. Tomorrow I might look under my car and see what I can find though. I can't find anything like that online.

Slykin

Reaction score
I looked under my car today to try and figure it out.. is it the T fitting? I wouldn't mind knowing in case I have the same issue.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
You have small block I beive that comes of the hardline coming from the front of the car.. It should allready be there if all you are doing is replacing the hose...

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
In the rear of the car before you get to the rear end.. The other end of the hose conects to the t futting on the rear end.. Its been a while but I think thats how it goes..

OP
OP
CobraClone94

CobraClone94

Reaction score
You are all correct, it is a small block that connects to the end of the lfex line via a Bango Bolt, The prob is ford no longer make's them Ford lists it as a hose connector, and none of the parts dealers here have one. I am gonna have to hit up a yard and hope i find one on a wreck.
When they did sell them, it was a $6 part LOL!.

Here's a pick of it

Partineed.jpg

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
That should be it.. Thats part of the hose with the banjo bolt on the bottom, hard line coming from the front of the car.. I should of cleaned it and took more pics..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online