I'm slow, I know helpz me...Looking for electrical gods entire here...

101vet

Reaction score
So in my quest to fix this redheaded mare, yeah my stang is a chick...I dont ride dudes:cool:

I'm trying to rebuild the main wire coming from the alt to the stud where it meets the wire going to the "+" side of the batt, I bought new FUSEABLE LINK in 12ga size which is what was in there, also what i could find on the interwebz....

First start up Fuseable link burned up... So i'm thinking it isnt the correct size? The alt is kicking out the correct voltage and nothing but the fuseable link is burnt...

Now im no rookie at turning wrenches or playing with voltage, plenty 1/2 wrenches with weld marks:thumbsup:

So is the fuesable link really needed? none of my VWS run them with basically the same set up, But not really wanting to risk setting it on fire....yet...

TanTop94

Reaction score
Hmm..Im not much on wiring but hopefully this bump will get someone in here who is...some pictures always help just to clarify your problem. Hope everything works out!

TanTop94

Reaction score
Not sure how helpful this will be...I believe its for an 1987, first one I could find but its a full diagram and has wire gauge on there as well.

OP
OP
101vet

101vet

Reaction score
Thanks, should have mentioned its for a 1995 GT 5.0 ...Where the wire was spliced (6ga meets fuesable link) it said "12GA Fuseablelink" and it looked factory... Im gonna redo it tomorrow, with new info i found, And snap a pic of the Wires....

Sent while in your Mom

SVTstang96

Reaction score
I'll be home Monday night. I have a dealer spec wiring diagram that I'll get a pic of the harness for you alt wire should be at minimum 8 gauge though.

OP
OP
101vet

101vet

Reaction score
Its a 95 5.0 5spd .... pretty sure the wire factory is a 6ga which is a decent size , See alot of guys jumping up to a larger 4ga when they do the 3g alt swap in Fox bodys...

Sent while in your Mom

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Its a 95 5.0 5spd .... pretty sure the wire factory is a 6ga which is a decent size , See alot of guys jumping up to a larger 4ga when they do the 3g alt swap in Fox bodys...

Sent while in your Mom

Got it! I'll have a diagram with size Monday might or Tuesday morning

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online